Trailer Trash

Showery Fridaily (Read 41 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

jamezilla:  I also have that foot pain going on.  I am sure mine is just tendoriatis and after I warm up id dulls down to an ache. .

Mine wasn't tendonitis...it was really weird A) that I was having any pain to begin with and B) that it just turned off completely...can't feel it today at all, didn't feel it for the rest of the run at all.  Sorry you're dealing with the foot tendonitis stuff...I feel like I am prone to that and it certainly is frustrating.

**Ask me about streaking**

moonlightrunner

I just drove 5 hours....went shopping...got backto my hotel and....the race is cancelled. They have had 5-6 inches...more on the way. I m out of here....damn!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I just drove 5 hours....went shopping...got backto my hotel and....the race is cancelled. They have had 5-6 inches...more on the way. I m out of here....damn!

Weak.  Drive safe.

**Ask me about streaking**

Chnaiur

Nooo. That just shouldn't happen Sad

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

AT-runner

Tim

That sucks.  Try to get a "fun run" in when you get home.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Hi all!  Mostly a rest day for me.  I'll get in a couple miles in a bit to keep the streak alive.

Good luck Queen, Lace, LB2, Weegee and other racers this weekend!  And, Moonlight-- sorry to hear about the cancellation.  Not fun news anytime, but especially after a long drive.

qotd:  Brooks Cascadias (the 8s).

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Boo hiss booo...hopefully the hotel didn't charge you!  Race--cancelled as refund or postpone...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sheesh, guys, it's cold in your areas! Not so here, just wet. I might get in some miles later, or just a trot through the hood at night, enjoying the Christmas lights.

I'm glad my knee is holding up, runs up to 7 miles seem to be ok, but I still won't run my annual benchmark (road) HM in our town on Sunday. I don't want to upset that knee again!

moonlight: Sorry to hear about your race. I think the "fun run" will be good idea, just to get over that disappointment.

Soul: Nice pics!

QOTD: Cascadia 7's, and they are alright. I might switch my road shoes, though (Ghost 4), as they feel a bit too short. If my feet continue to grow at this rate, I'll end up with a size 12 by my 50th birthday! Surprised

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

On a coffee stop. I am very disappointed. I called into work and cancelled my vacation days for Saturday and Sunday...so sometime next week I will pick someplace wonderful to try and run 20 miles. I understand why they canceled. The roads were terrible.... but it would have been a blast to run in a that snow! For a minute I thought of staying a running there tomorrow for fun...but with more snow coming I was afraid I would not be able to get out. They might try to reschedule...but I really think they will give refunds if u want it.

Now.....do I try a night marathon in Indiana in January... I dunno....I need a new goal of some kind. there just are not that many trail races in my neck of the woods.

I run in the trail version of VFFs...unless it is snowing...then I run in heavy duty water shoes with thick wool socks. But...I just ordered a pair of vivo trail shoes...I am going to give them a try for winter.

DigDug2

5.5 on the TM today.  Looking forward to getting on trails this weekend.

QOTD:  I rotate a bit:  NB1400 (trails, sometimes road), NB 1200 Leadvilles (when I want more cushioning on trails or roads), Mizuno Ascends (tougher trail conditions) and Mizuno Wave Riders or Wave Inspires (generally road).

muppy

moonlightrunner, that just stinks!

Good luck to all racing this weekend!

Zero day for me. I ran on the treadmill for 1.5 miles last night and my right achilles started acting up so I'm taking it easy today. Was going to run an undetermined mileage (no more than 10)  with the "Rocky 50K" fatass tomorrow since it starts near my house, but not sure that's going to happen anymore.

QOTD:  My old cascadias are retired, but I have nothing to replace them right now. I'm thinking about getting another pair of cascadias, but not committed to it. I'd be open to new ideas.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Got a great 19 mile run (Friday is my weekend) in today in sunny Sedona.  Trails were tacky and fantastic, weather was spot on with clear skies and mid 40s.  Longest run since my 50k back in September and the legs felt really good.

QOTD:  I ran today in Pearl Izumi N1 trails and really like them but haven't been super pleased with the outsole durability (~300 miles and completely bald in spots).  Got some Salomon XT 5 softgrounds for this winters snowy/muddy runs that I have been pretty pleased with.

NorthernHarrier

Moonlightrunner--so sorry to hear the news. That really blows.  Hopefully you can at least get a refund or roll your entry into next year. Though it won't make up for the kick to the stomach, the driving and planning, etc. Bummer.

Another one you could perhaps try would be on March 8th--Land between the Lakes just south of Paducah Ky. I've done it twice and it is much better than Tecumseh anyway.  Little further drive but it is worth it.

moonlightrunner

It was a disappointment...for sure. I should have waited... but the weather forecast is difficult to get a handle on from a distance....I think it turned out worse than expected.

Thanks for the info on the other race...but I am a little gun shy about traveling far when the weather is unpredictable again. There is a 25k/50k near by on Jan 4. if I can get a refund I might at least do the 25k. I don't know if I can get trained up for the 50k in time.

Moonlightrunner--so sorry to hear the news. That really blows.  Hopefully you can at least get a refund or roll your entry into next year. Though it won't make up for the kick to the stomach, the driving and planning, etc. Bummer.

Another one you could perhaps try would be on March 8th--Land between the Lakes just south of Paducah Ky. I've done it twice and it is much better than Tecumseh anyway.  Little further drive but it is worth it.