Trailer Trash

Manitou's Revenge (Now with RR!) (Read 49 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Big congrats!  made me tired just reading your report Big grin

as a Westerner, I was very humbled when I ran a race in North Carolina- steep is steep, doesn't matter what coast you're near Smile

Thanks Warden...it turns out I didn't really know what steep was before this race .  I consistantly hear that East Coast elevation profiles are deceptive...I'm always in awe of what kind of gains you can get further west though.

**Ask me about streaking**

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Congratulations, awesome job!

The climbing sections look like real fun . I wonder how people managed who got there later than you, having to do it all in the dark.

You didn't mention it, so I assume you had no problems with cramping on the climbs (up or down)?

I did about 6 miles in the dark and there were about 20 people behind me...hats off to them for getting the finish.  The sketchy/crazy section had to be done by daylight or you would have been cut-off (wise RD).

I didn't cramp and I only took about 9 endurolytes.  My legs felt good on the ups all day long.  After about mile 50, the downs were a slow go, mostly because I didn't trust my legs, it was dark, and my eyes weren't focusing that well.

Thanks for reading Couch!

Daydreamer1

Top 4 were

1. Jan Wellford, NY in 10:50:34

2. Ben Nephew, MA in 11:04:57

3. Brian Rusiecki, MA in 11:19:18

4. Ryan Welts, NH in 11:20:39

The next finishers were an hour later

For women, Ashley Moyer (now Ashley Lister) ran away with it by 2 hours with a 12:37:04

I finished 41 of 68 finishers...I know there were over 100 registered...not sure what the no show/drop split was.

Do you know where I can find the entire results list. I couldn't find this years on the website. I looked on their FB site as well with no luck.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

There is a full list of finishers/times on the Facebook page...kinda hidden...the posters name is Cat Skill

He just emailed the full results w/ splits and all last night, so I'd expect them to be posted in the next few days.  They've been a little lax about getting the results published.

Brian Runner

Congrats! I apologize for telling you about the race! hehe.

Manitou's Revenge Results: http://www.manitousrevengeultra.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/2014-Manitous-Revenge-results-with-splits.pdf

DigDug2

Sent in my request for an application to Escarpment last week, then checked the Facebook page and saw that they're full.  Maybe next year...

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Very tardy in getting around to reading this. After reading your description I'm getting a better understanding of why very few of the trail ultras in PA appeal to me. I'm not ready to tackle that level of difficulty. Just covering the distance is enough of a challenge for now. Looking forward to your next report.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Brian Runner - no apology necessary...not a shadow of a regret!  More like thank you!

DD2 - I might look into next year also...keep an eye on the application opening and I'll do the same.

WCrunner - Have you seen the Tesla Hertz races on Long Island?  10 mile loops...might be up your ally.  I plan on getting a run on the course sometime this summer to check it out.  I'm considering it for 100k (or maybe less).  Theres 50k, 50m, 100k, 100m options.  Thanks for reading!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yes, I have, and they are on my radar.

That's my BD weekend and L.I. is a lot closer than the West Coast. That would save airfare.  I'll be interested in what you say about the course.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.