Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 33 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was awake from 4 to 5:30 and then hit the snooze.  Maybe get a run in tonight but doubt it.  We are going to a three day music fest this weekend "Guitarfish" and have a fish we need to decorate.  Don't ask!!

QOTD:  Yes two...a ying/yang on the foot and a Social D skelteton on the ankle.  Interesting that you bring this up because I want to get the social

d changed into a tree..you know those rugged pines that are in the sieera nevadas.....like this.

Lace:  You need to add your dog on the trail picture.

Birdwell:

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Running after work tonight. I would like to get in 18...we will see how ambitious I am once I get there.

Qon: be sure and post your Carmel apple pie recipient...sounds wonderful. I love pie!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Good afternoon, folks.  Beautiful day for a long run.  Was planning on 12 or so, but weather was so nice that I did some exploring and ended up just shy of 20.  I probably knew I was going to change my mind because I filled up my large hydration bladder and had plenty of fluids for a long run.  I don't think I had a single fly buzz me.  Temps were in low 60's at the start and 68 at the end.

OOTD:  None for me, never really felt the urge.  All 3 kids have them and I went with then for their first ones.  DD#1 is an very artsy and has designed tat's for many of her friends.  I had a good friend pass away from liver cancer.  When he was told he had less than 3 months to live, he got a large Superman tat on his chest.  He used to love ripping open his shirt to show the nurses.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

It's my normal shoe for any conditions and any distance. I use the Altra Olympus for some of my 100's but would go with the 1400's for the more technical 100's.

Sorry, are the 1400's a trail shoe?

Anywho, work likely has me URD for today. Just trying to get some sleep.

QOTD: No tatoos for me

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from 22-23 miles in the mountains. A lovely day for a run. Temps couldn't have got out of the mid 70s, there was a light breeze and a lot of light fluffy clouds that blocked the sun. Overall the run was good enough that it felt like I was bounding along on soft fluffy clouds....... Oh, wait, that was the new Hokas I was running in . I'm definitely a fan of padding in my shoes.

QOTD: I've often said I'll never have a Tattoo on my body. That's changed slightly, there are two that I would consider. One of my friend's wife is diabetic and has that tattooed on her wrist. I would do that if I ever developed a medical problem like that.  The other is a big DNR ( Do Not Resuscitate) when I get older. I'm not interested in having CPR done on me when I'm at deaths door.

It would have been interesting to hear how many of you all work for companies that try to ban tattoos or make the employees cover them up. The one place I work for gets f*&*@'ing ridiculous with  their tattoo policy. While I may not want one myself I'll defend another persons right to have one It doesn't mean that people that have them are horrible people.  The problem with the board of directors is that too many of them are old enough, and decrepit enough, that they should be in a nursing home.

Occasional Runner

Sorry, are the 1400's a trail shoe?

Road shoes.

Occasional Runner

It would have been interesting to hear how many of you all work for companies that try to ban tattoos or make the employees cover them up. The one place I work for gets f*&*@'ing ridiculous with  their tattoo policy. While I may not want one myself I'll defend another persons right to have one It doesn't mean that people that have them are horrible people.  The problem with the board of directors is that too many of them are old enough, and decrepit enough, that they should be in a nursing home.

It's just outdated thinking. Much like trying to oppress minorities, preventing gay marriage, fearing communism...whatever. I don't like to talk about work socially because it immediately divides people into categories, but I've found a considerable amount of success in the corporate world without hiding my tattoos.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Evening all, had a nice 6 mile run this morning- got rid of a lot of soreness from this weekend's run

qotd: a couple when I was in the Air Force (that was ages ago!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √