Trailer Trash

Is it just me or are things just getting weird? (Read 79 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Electric Run     http://electricrun.com/#ff_s=c3OSz

Foam fest run  http://www.5kfoamfest.com/

Glow in the Park Run http://glowintheparkrun.com/

My wife has signed up for the Glow in the Park Run.  She doesn't like running but is willing to do this with her friends.  My question is why bother running.  Just advertise a party! It makes little sense to me.  If I am going to run in the dark, I actually prefer no one to see me.

On the one hand, if it means people are getting off the couch and exercising then it's not so bad.  But it's not for me. 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

It's not just you! Funnily enough,  I recently saw this one and my first instinct was UGH. Then I thought I would actually love to do it, since I always wanted to be on that show "Wipeout".

It looks like a fun obstacle course and nothing else. I mean, at least they are only calling themselves a "race" and not a "run" like the others.... I would never associate anything like this with running...EVER.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I've already done all those in the parking lot of Dead shows while waiting for the blotter acid to hit.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I can't wait for this fad to end.  It would be nice if ultras stopped selling out in 2 hours as well.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I can't wait for this fad to end.  It would be nice if ultras stopped selling out in 2 hours as well.

Better that than a field of 40,000.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I think that stuff could be fun...

The catch is going to be when in 2018 you tell someone you are a runner and they assume that goofy stuff is what you're talking about.

Note: I did the Ridiculous Obstacle Challenge (wipeout style) last year with my GF and her Zumba class .  I had a great time .  This did not get recorded as miles in my log.

**Ask me about streaking**

Note: I did the Ridiculous Obstacle Challenge (wipeout style) last year with my GF and her Zumba class .  I had a great time .  This did not get recorded as miles in my log.

Hahah, thank you for validating my desire to do this, and for recognizing that it has NOTHING to do with running.  I don't think I'm really going to do it though. 

AT-runner

Tim

On the one hand, if it means people are getting off the couch and exercising then it's not so bad.  But it's not for me. 

That's the way I feel about it.  Glad they are out there trynig something.

My only complaint is when I tell people I run trails, and they say "my Xyz does mud runs too".  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

You need to come out west.  The lesser known ultras don't sell out and in fact you can still race day register.

You people have issues 

valerienv

Thread killer ..

We have two , one now on a lottery and one you can enter the same day. The Silver State 50/50 has been around forever, our RD is the president of the WS and it's a great race , just flys under the radar. It can have mud usually has blood , shameless plug May 17 Reno NV

You need to come out west.  The lesser known ultras don't sell out and in fact you can still race day register.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hmmmmm

We have two , one now on a lottery and one you can enter the same day. The Silver State 50/50 has been around forever, our RD is the president of the WS and it's a great race , just flys under the radar. It can have mud usually has blood , shameless plug May 17 Reno NV

As for the post Jaime.....at least your wife is running. ..and hanging out with friends giving you more times on the trail.  Embrace it!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Sue you should consider it - more selling features

One of the main aid Stations is run by the RD for the TRT and he's an amazing cook , both races go through there twice . It's a good course with lots of climbing , the 50 mile crosses into California then back to Nevada . It has some elevation going from @4,500' -8,000' a couple times . May 17th Reno , Silver State 50/50 . I'll be running the Dog Valley aid station on the 50 mile course . I'm happy to spray string cheese, foam , whip cream whatever anyone wants on them as they pass through .

Brian Runner

I was ranting about The Color Run and other similar gimmick races on facebook a couple weeks ago. A bunch of angry house wives just about chewed my face off. I love that these different kinds of events are getting people off the couch, but at the same time I think they miss the beauty and simplicity of just running.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've gone as far as the color run crap, (twice, and I am never doing it again unless a child asks me to). These things just seem really, really, really moronic. But if people are running or jumping around and shit, then I guess that is considered exercise and being fit....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)