Trailer Trash

Dawn To Dusk RR (Read 26 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Though not a trail race nor even a road race - it's run on a 400m track - here's my latest effort at running an ultra.

Dawn To Dusk RR

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, George.  How are the joints feeling now?

The decision to drop, for me, is always about damage.  I'll run through pain, but if I think I'm potentially causing damage, then it's time to stop. Sounds like that was the case for you.  If your swelling continued or got worse, you were doing damage, so you made the right call.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The ankle seems fine but the knee is still a little iffy. I'm keeping my recovery runs to the 4-6 miles range for now. I'm moving slowly but don't have much in the way of muscle stiffness.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Great job! Even though you didn't attain the goals you set out for, at least you recognized there was something wrong and didn't overdo it.  Good luck at North Coast!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations on the 46 miles, nice job!

While the distance might be mangeable in a trail race, it's a totally different beast on a track. No shade, too, I guess?

The sheer number of laps alone makes me dizzy already!

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

you must have felt right at home on the track...how was running the other way?

**Ask me about streaking**

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

you must have felt right at home on the track...how was running the other way?

Long ago I got into the habit of running my warm up and cool down the other way  when I ran track workouts. For all that it sounds boring, I had no problems with running so many laps. It was nice having a monitor giving lap count, distance, and time for the lap every time we crossed the timing mat. It brought back memories of my first 24 hour event back in 1972, 42 years ago, when I ran a 24-hour relay. I posted A Bit of Nostalgia, Bragging, and a Lesson Learned over in the Beginners and Beyond Group about that race.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K