Trailer Trash

Peachy Thursdailies (Read 36 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Didn't run yesterday and I'm at work until tomorrow, so nothing today either...I'm off to go post in the "Funk" thread.

QOTD: Ruffles with sour cream/onion dip.  Maybe once a year.

**Ask me about streaking**

Daydreamer1

Got up fairly early this morning to beat the heat and got in 16.6 miles up in the mountains. I decided to walk a little more then usual through some of the sketchy parts since the humidity was fairly high. So I was taking my time picking my way through a rock garden in the middle of some mountain laurel when I heard something crashing in the brush. I stopped and found myself about 20 yards from a very nice black bear. About 150 lbs and quite shiny. The PA bears are sure looking nice this year. I couldn't see if there were any cubs anywhere around but I decided not to take any chances and left Mrs, or maybe Mr, bear know I was there. Unfortunately it didn't stick around for conversation and to shake a paw. These PA bears sure are shy and introverted.

QOTD: Middleswarth Sour Cream and Onion. They. Are. The. Best.  Pretty much only found in Central PA. Every time we visit relatives in other states we have to take several boxes  with us.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Where were you running? Sounds similar to my experience last year (almost exactly a year ago) except my bear was not so shy.  He/she stuck around to have a staring contest with me.  Exhilerating though, isn't it?

Got up fairly early this morning to beat the heat and got in 16.6 miles up in the mountains. I decided to walk a little more then usual through some of the sketchy parts since the humidity was fairly high. So I was taking my time picking my way through a rock garden in the middle of some mountain laurel when I heard something crashing in the brush. I stopped and found myself about 20 yards from a very nice black bear. About 150 lbs and quite shiny. The PA bears are sure looking nice this year. I couldn't see if there were any cubs anywhere around but I decided not to take any chances and left Mrs, or maybe Mr, bear know I was there. Unfortunately it didn't stick around for conversation and to shake a paw. These PA bears sure are shy and introverted.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Snowdenrun

Most likely a rest day. I'd like to get out and run something easy after my long run yesterday. But I have a dentist appointment soon(shivers, I hate the dentist), got called into work later today and the hydraulics on my clutch crapped out. It was a bit maddening having my boyfriends  POS, rust bucket 500$ pickup tow the vehicle with a payment on it still.

QOTD: I really like Kettle chips, especially the jalapeno ones and the bbq ones. But honestly, most all potato chips are heavily sprinkled with a wonderful, highly addictive drug.

ceezy

AT:  that's funny.  Advertising Free Beer and it being Root is a dirty dirty trick though. Tongue

I love Root Beer but still...

Hey all,

I ran 5 miles this morning. BEFORE WORK! Yeah big deal over here as a non-morning person. It was still 91% with a 70 degree dew point, but I'll take 72 and humid over mid-nineties and humid any day. I have a feeling this will be a summer trend. 

QOTD: Sweet potato chips. I just had a bag with my lunch Smile

Daydreamer1

Where were you running? Sounds similar to my experience last year (almost exactly a year ago) except my bear was not so shy.  He/she stuck around to have a staring contest with me.  Exhilerating though, isn't it?

I was up on the Dam 1/2 course. They use a portion of the Mid State Trail and it was on that section. Based on Game Commission numbers there are quite a few in that area but this is only the 2nd one I've seen in 2 years of running up there. Also seen a track in a mud puddle a little later.

It is exciting to see them. For some reason I find bears totally fascinating. I could easily watch them for hours. The interesting thing with this one is that I had just stopped running so I was making some noise and it didn't know I was there until I spoke to it. I should have waited and watched it a little longer but at this time of the year I'm concerned about the sows with cubs so I didn't want to push my luck.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am planning about 6 with Earl tonight.  Slept poorly last night .

QOTD:  I like any form of ruffle because I like to eat them with french onion dip.  The cheaper brands are better becasue they taste saltier.  Hmmm like Cheddar Cheese Lays too.

DigDug:  Happy Birthday.

Jame:  Of course the skinny boy loves them all.

AT:  I might of been a little bum when I opened that cooler and found no BEER!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles in the hills, got some good climbing in

qotd: corn chips Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √