Trailer Trash

New Folks Friday? (Read 43 times)

NorthernHarrier

Interesting day, here and personally. SRD in general though I did the man cave workout with core and then off to the salt mines. It's a one day taper for my snowshoe race tomorrow. Read that they will be having some beer at the finish from a local brew house so that is a real good thing.

So some things lately at work have become too much so I told them today I was quitting and that next Fri. would be it for me and you should have seen two managers freaking out and scrambling. Funny stuff to say the least but suddenly my issues have been resolved. Just needed to whack them alongside the head I guess. Helps that I am in a position to just walk away.  Back when I was an employer I would have just said "see ya".

QOTD--Madison, Wi area.  Mandy sometimes let's me run her trails otherwise I have a place in far northern Wi where I have incredible wild country and beautiful trail options.

moonlightrunner

Derek: I am jealous. I used to live in Denver. Back in the 80's and ran roads. It never occurred to me to run on a trail. Now I know better..

No run today. I am really going to try and get running regularly again...starting tomorrow. I need to go home and pour bleach on all the trigger foods in my house and get my act together. Just found out I will have to run in early morning or late evening darkness due to grandma responsibilities. But it needs to be done.

Qotd: I run all the close by trails I can fond in and around Battle Creek, MI. I also go to the Pinckney, MI area to run when I can. I have far fewer trails to choose from than most here. I rarely run on a road and NEVER on a treadmill.

Welcome to the new folks!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Sorry to hear you're still employed! 

So some things lately at work have become too much so I told them today I was quitting and that next Fri. would be it for me and you should have seen two managers freaking out and scrambling. Funny stuff to say the least but suddenly my issues have been resolved. Just needed to whack them alongside the head I guess. Helps that I am in a position to just walk away.  Back when I was an employer I would have just said "see ya".

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

hog4life

I'm new(ish) here, been posting a couple of months or so, but I'm not new to the forums. I came over with the RWOL melt down. I try to post daily, but often fail due to life things. I work in a steel mill and work a rotating swing shift. It SUCKS! But it pays the bills. I have found trail running to be a new enjoyment for me, as I've been on the roads for the past 6 years or so.

For me to run trails, I have to drive about an hour or a little less depending on traffic. So, my trail running is limited to usually one day on the weekend.

I live in North Central Alabama near Huntsville. The trails are in a state park called Monte Sano. They have some very steep and technical stuff that is not runnable, but more hiking, or climbing. There are lots of rocks that make for some excellent bruises, scrapes, and twisted ankles. I wished I lived closer to them.

Tues=0

Wed=0

Thur=0

Fri=0

Sat=25k trail race......I hope to have my first RR posted here soon.

NorthernHarrier

Sorry to hear you're still employed! 

I know damnit!  Wasn't really looking to have time off in Feb. but I was already planning a few things with with the idea of putting off getting another work gig until Aug. Who knows, maybe they'll start looking for a replacement for me since I played my card and dump me anyway. I'll still get my time off.   Who invented this whole work thing anyway?

Derek: I am jealous. I used to live in Denver. Back in the 80's and ran roads. It never occurred to me to run on a trail. Now I know better.

Qotd: I run all the close by trails I can fond in and around Battle Creek, MI. I also go to the Pinckney, MI area to run when I can. I have far fewer trails to choose from than most here. I rarely run on a road and NEVER on a treadmill.

Welcome to the new folks!

Moonlight- I actually just moved BACK to Colorado (after only 14 months away) from Grand Rapids, MI...so not too far from Battle Creek. (Grew up near Mt. Pleasant.) Wife and I decided that we missed CO too much, and went back!

Pinckney area - isn't that where Dances with Dirt holds their trail race? I did the Green Swamp in Dade City Florida, but always wanted to do their Michigan one too.

moonlightrunner

Moonlight- I actually just moved BACK to Colorado (after only 14 months away) from Grand Rapids, MI...so not too far from Battle Creek. (Grew up near Mt. Pleasant.) Wife and I decided that we missed CO too much, and went back!

Pinckney area - isn't that where Dances with Dirt holds their trail race? I did the Green Swamp in Dade City Florida, but always wanted to do their Michigan one too.

I think its kind of funny. After 13 years in Denver I made my way back here where I grew up because I missed it.

Yes...DWD Hell is in the Pinckney. I've run the relay once and last year my first 50k. It is a fun time.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

evening all!  got a nice 6 miles in yesterday and well above temps (high 40's!), strength trained this evening- skipped squats, my lower back has been hurting a bit- not sure it's the squats, but I don't think they help

going snowshoeing tomorrow, trying a little "experiment" only going to take my daypack and go for an overnighter, pretty sure I'll suffer some (possibly a lot ), but will give me a chance to dial in my gear and practice building an emergency shelter

Harrier- good luck on the race!  New folks- welcome!

qotd: Helena, Montana- don't want to brag too much on our trail system, but it has to rank up high nationally in the variety, length and numbers- all right next to town, I'll often strike out further on weekends, but I've got miles and miles of trails w/ lots of elevation gain/loss right in my backyard

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Not new but I mostly lurk... SRD today, planning on 16 tomorrow, then maybe some miles in the Marin Headlands on Sunday after volunteering at Coastal Trail Run's Golden Gate Trail Race. Anyone here running there?  Hoping for lots and lots of rain this weekend since we need it in NorCal.

QOTD: another SF Bay Area person here. I mostly run in Half Moon Bay area and peninsula trails.  Grew up in Marin.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR