Trailer Trash

2013 100-milers -- please un-sticky! (Read 481 times)

Since we've reached the end of the 100-milers for 2013, we can move on to 2014.

Occasional Runner

I decided against the Oil Creek 100, so you can scratch me from that race. I beat it's ass last year. Nothing left to prove.

I'm doing the Bear 100 in the place of the OC 100.

I need to be added to JJ100.

Put me down for Cajun Coyote too.

Thanks for posting this!

lace_up -- I also have you down for Pony Express, which is the week before Javelina.  Are you still running that, or are you replacing it with JJ?

Occasional Runner

Are you questioning my capacity for a full and miraculous recovery?Shocked

I'm running them both. I'm leaving the option on the table for the 100k version of JJ though.

Are you questioning my capacity for a full and miraculous recovery?Shocked

Heavens no!  Just double checking Wink  BTW, have you read the reports of the guy who ran 30 100s in 52 days?  HIs girlfriend ran 36!

Ummm... make that 52 WEEKS Big grin

Occasional Runner

Liz Bauer, in 2012? I think she was at every 100 miler I ran last year. She looked great every time I saw her. I can't fathom running all those races. Whenever somebody remarks about my schedule, my thoughts instantly go to her. She also put together some good finish times and she ran a lot of really tough courses.

Liz Bauer, in 2012? I think she was at every 100 miler I ran last year. She looked great every time I saw her. I can't fathom running all those races. Whenever somebody remarks about my schedule, my thoughts instantly go to her. She also put together some good finish times and she ran a lot of really tough courses.

She's the one!  The link I posted has some great stats on their times and other stuff.  He also includes a pic of all the buckles.  I think Liz was keeping a blog as well, but I haven't looked for it yet.

Occasional Runner

I skipped right over the link without noticing it! Thanks.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Curious if you guys want to change this into a general racing calendar?  I know that some people left the trail forum on RWOL because it was too ultra oriented.

I am totally cool with a 100 mile info thread (I would like to participate), but I just don't want anyone to feel left out either.

Running is dumb.

Curious if you guys want to change this into a general racing calendar?  I know that some people left the trail forum on RWOL because it was too ultra oriented.

I am totally cool with a 100 mile info thread (I would like to participate), but I just don't want anyone to feel left out either.

There already is one in the Trail Runners forum: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Trails/forum/ab9c4e4d3a66419a999035ffd85ae5c5/resume#focus

Watoni

I signed up for Leadville ... although I am questioning my sanity

Occasional Runner

I appreciate the thought, but there are 1000's of trail races and far fewer 100's. This calendar would be too cumbersome to be useful if we included every trail race.

The lack of traffic in the other trail forum doesn't warrant the time it takes to log on and get in there. RWOL had it's issues, but an abundance of traffic and posts wasn't one of them. This place is really quiet when you venture outside this forum.

xor

.  (I misread the previous post as being about the calendar betsy mentions above.  I guess it is really about RWOL)

But I will stand behind the idea that there's more traffic happening on RA than perhaps lace-up is aware of.

Anyway, I think it is a very good idea to have a calendar of trail races SOMEWHERE.  There's already a calendar for ultra folks, and now a 100-specific calendar (fine, cool), so shorter races are cool somewhere too.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

.  (I misread the previous post as being about the calendar betsy mentions above.  I guess it is really about RWOL)

But I will stand behind the idea that there's more traffic happening on RA than perhaps lace-up is aware of.

Anyway, I think it is a very good idea to have a calendar of trail races SOMEWHERE.  There's already a calendar for ultra folks, and now a 100-specific calendar (fine, cool), so shorter races are cool somewhere too.

SRL....startup a calendar thread and we will populate it.  Smile