Trailer Trash

the Mondaily (Read 37 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Eyes of something reflecting back from your headlamp?

Yes indeed! My guess is a racoon.  I have seen lots of "eyes" reflecting the light but never something so bright green as this.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

moonlightrunner

Planning a 4 to 7 miler tonight.

boyjame: ear buds?

qotd: I work on the 8th floor of the hospital. I try to make myself take the stairs 1 or two times a day. During most of the day I'm tied to a desk for most of my 12 hours.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

Eyes of something reflecting back from your headlamp?

Thinking  we have a winner! (Upon official review of course!)

Daydreamer1

Another 30+ miles on the bike today. It went so well that I wished I had the time for another 10-15.

DD2 - Sorry to hear about your ankle. Which Hokas do you have? I loved my Mafates on technical trails. Very stable but the outer sole wasn't tough enough to stand up to the abuse. Picked up a pair of Bondi B's for the road and they are nice. Seemed to do well on moderate trails as well. The last pair were Stinsons. These are very firm, don't seem to flex well, very slippery on wet surfaces, lacks lateral support from the upper. I'm probably only going to use them on dry roads. I rolled my ankle to other day in them. I don't know if it was really the shoes fault though because I had a very bad sprain this spring using Cascadia's and that ankle is still weak and sore.

QOTD: Not very much. I spend a lot of time sitting. Some days we will have to carry a lot of people out of their houses but most times they can make it to the front door or we can get the ambulance litter inside. The fatter they are the more likely that we need to carry them.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on a run later, just could not fit it in earlier today. But I did order some accessories and supplies for my 100-miler instead. At least, that way I'll have something to blame later, if my run doesn't go well.

Jamie: I would have said alien eyeballs first (my inspiration was Halloween coming up), then thought of the cat's eyes I saw on a night run recently. Racoon does sound more "green", though.

QOTD: My job is somewhat physical, lots of quickly walking back and forth all the time (sprint repeats), hardly a break from that, and never to sit down all day (or half day) (endurance and bonk workouts), many squats (strength training), lots of lifting (upper body and core exercise) and sometimes pushing heavily loaded carts (strength training again). And some of my collegues are runners, too, so I get some extra encouragement and motivation daily. Other than that, no.

Oh, wait, there's the group stretch in the morning every day, and I usually participate in that 7-minute stretching program! Wink

Run for fun.

DigDug2

DD2 - Sorry to hear about your ankle. Which Hokas do you have? I loved my Mafates on technical trails. Very stable but the outer sole wasn't tough enough to stand up to the abuse. Picked up a pair of Bondi B's for the road and they are nice. Seemed to do well on moderate trails as well. The last pair were Stinsons. These are very firm, don't seem to flex well, very slippery on wet surfaces, lacks lateral support from the upper. I'm probably only going to use them on dry roads. I rolled my ankle to other day in them. I don't know if it was really the shoes fault though because I had a very bad sprain this spring using Cascadia's and that ankle is still weak and sore.

DD1 - This was my second run in my new Hoka Stinsons.  I was neutral about them after the first run, which was just on roads - cushioning was nice (not sure if it was $170-nice), didn't feel like running in big shoe boxes as I half-expected.  I think I'll trade them in for another pair of NB Leadvilles and keep the change.

Did an easy 4 with the pooch this morning and then spent the day at the hospital with Mom.

QOTD: I am retired so I guess the qotd doesn't apply, but when I was working I tried to get up and walk a mile a couple times a day.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I've been at the beach for the last week with no services...at all.  Yesterday I did a sprint trialthon...I  know I know I don't want to hear it, at least it wasn't a mudder!  This is an all woman local event to rasie money for our Breast Cancer Center.  The only training I did was to run, so it actually hurt a bit and the swim sucked!  You can't just stop and catch your breath.  Today I was too tired to get out of bed (stil on vacation time) and  I need to help the hubby do something with the doors after work so SRD.

QOTD:  Our office just started a walking competition so we are trying to amp it up.  I usually just walk a mile on my break.    Not much...I sit for a living.

Jaime:  I just naturally thought balls, but I guess they don't turn green.  Blush

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ultra Cowboy

Did my "regular" 5 mile o/b run tonight and felt like i was shuffling and short striding.  Seriously thought I was only doing like an 11 minute mile...Didn't check my MMR just tried to keep moving..

I flt my pace slow markedly on the 1/2 mile climb and thought "GAWD, I must be running a 13 min/mile pace"  Just felt like I was in molasses, got over the hill turned around and loosened up for the last HALF OF MILE 2, MILE 3 AND 4.  Finished feeling good, saved the run and looked at my splits..all were a good 2 minutes FASTER than I felt like I was doing.  Pretty good considering I felt trashed after an EASY 7 mile trail run Sunday.

Must have been the running with music...

QOTD:  Sometimes I need to pitch in to help the guys load trucks, or I just have to remind them I can do their job.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Birdwell

Evening folks!

The morning came a bit to early, so I pushed off running til tonight. Got in 5.

QOTD: walking across rooftops (I logged three miles on a single Walmart roof one day), climbing stairs, ladders, etc.

all while carrying a 50 pound toolbag.