Trailer Trash

Stone Mill 50 (Read 68 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Got the shirts! They look good.  Green, white, some black (in case you want to color coordinate.  See ya!

I'm guessing you were the guy we ran behind for a while, and we asked you the story behind the shirt....

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Had a great run..finished in 12:42..though the official time says 12:44 since the generator died just as I got there.

Dani (TnC), you must have really hammered it at the end, because we were running together for the whole race practically and then you just passed me and were gone.  Or maybe I just faded badly..I'll have to review my splits.

All the aid station folk said "What, another Wegman's shirt?  you're the third one I've seen today."

The Aid station at Stone mill had the best beer, Loose Cannon draft.

Did any body see the three deer skulls with little black witch hats, perched on a log?

I had forgotten all about the climb to the finish line, and was cursing a blue streak at the sadistic rat bastard race director for putting it there as I ran up.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

There were three of us.  I had a few brief conversations about the shirt so could have been me.

Can you post a link to your RR? Always good to see other runner's persepctives.  Mine will be posted shortly.

I'm guessing you were the guy we ran behind for a while, and we asked you the story behind the shirt....

Finished in 10:57ish.  Was hoping for sub 10 hours but could not punch the ticket in the second half.  But all in all I am happy with it.

Great to meet other RAers. You guys all represented well!

jbyram - I got a picture of the deer skulls.  Will be in my RR.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Had a great run..finished in 12:42..though the official time says 12:44 since the generator died just as I got there.

Dani (TnC), you must have really hammered it at the end, because we were running together for the whole race practically and then you just passed me and were gone.  Or maybe I just faded badly..I'll have to review my splits.

All the aid station folk said "What, another Wegman's shirt?  you're the third one I've seen today."

The Aid station at Stone mill had the best beer, Loose Cannon draft.

Did any body see the three deer skulls with little black witch hats, perched on a log?

I had forgotten all about the climb to the finish line, and was cursing a blue streak at the sadistic rat bastard race director for putting it there as I ran up.

I just really wanted to be done after mile 40 and tried to run it into the end. I hadn't done any night trail running (oops) so I didn't want to be running in the dark for too long. Honestly, I felt much better at the end of the race then during 35-43 when I was running alone with a terrible stomach!

Sandy-2

Honestly, I felt much better at the end of the race then during 35-43 when I was running alone with a terrible stomach!

Aaaaa....  the proverbial "bad patch", always feels better once you are out thru the other side of it.

Congrats everyone, can't wait for those RR.

tbd.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Correction - we were behind Jody for a while, early on, and chatted with him - nice guy.

But then, we must have finished right behind you, as our time was just barely under 11.

Can you post a link to your RR? Always good to see other runner's persepctives.  Mine will be posted shortly.

my  RR in RA's L&O

I like to read other RR's too. Will look forward to seeing any of your alls.

PS: I forgot about the deer skulls. Glad you're planning to post a photo Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I just really wanted to be done after mile 40 and tried to run it into the end. ...

I believe I started this feeling about mile 35. But from previous years, I was expecting to get tired of running and ready to be done somewhere between 30 & 40, and so it indeed happened....

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

my  RR in RA's L&O

Any chance you would cross post it over here?  I'm banned from that forum for no reason.

**Ask me about streaking**

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Any chance you would cross post it over here?  I'm banned from that forum for no reason.

Did you get caught up in the BF stuff that happened a while back?

Running is dumb.

Correction - we were behind Jody for a while, early on, and chatted with him - nice guy.

But then, we must have finished right behind you, as our time was just barely under 11.

my  RR in RA's L&O

I like to read other RR's too. Will look forward to seeing any of your alls.

PS: I forgot about the deer skulls. Glad you're planning to post a photo Smile

I definitely recognize you from your RR. I remember seeing you and your wife leaving one of the aid stations. Great finish time!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Did you get caught up in the BF stuff that happened a while back?

I guess so Roll eyes

I didn't know until I went looking for A.P's RR

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I guess so Roll eyes

I didn't know until I went looking for A.P's RR

I un-banned you.  Let me know if it didn't work.

Running is dumb.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I un-banned you.  Let me know if it didn't work.

Thank you - b/c I was just starting to work on the copy&paste - and this will save me finishing that Smile

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Worked! Thanks!