Trailer Trash

Venus de Wednesdaily (Read 39 times)

Daydreamer1

Went to the gym last night hoping to get in a good workout on the TM. The GI tract was having none of it. I wasn't even able to sprint over 7 MPH. I did stay on for over a hour, just at much reduced speeds and I got in a decent strength workout. Nothing for today cause I'm at work running from call to call.

QOTD: Not really. I can't find most of the major stars to save my life. I would like to know more about the weather though.

Watoni

Slow and steady, doing about 30 minutes a day with a few 1/2 mile steep hills.

Hokas help the tendon, but are terrible stability wise for my ankles on the technical stuff, so will go with N1s today.

QOTD: No, but my one son is really into it and hopefully will be some day.

Snowdenrun

3 miles this morning. Felt good!

QOTD: I know the stars are pretty when I get to see them. That's about it.

NorthernHarrier

Good morning!

I am rethinking my spring races because my mileage is soooooo low....I am thinking of the marathon run with the Voyager in Minnesota. Anyone here ever run either race. I figure by July the cold and snow should be gone.

Moonlight--I did this marathon twice in the late nineties and it was great. Back then it was called the half-voyageur marathon as it was held two weeks prior to the Voyageur 50miler. It now has a new race director and has been renamed the Eugene Curnow Marathon. Same basic course in general--point to point ending in Carlton, Mn. The start is moved however so I'm sure there is some difference from when I did it.

Based at least on how it was back then I would highly recommend it. The essence of trail running, mostly single track, beautiful scenery, small race feel, just a real nice event.  Much nicer IMO than Tecumseh(of course I'm a north country guy) and a little tougher.  I don't think you'll have any snow, it was low 90's one time I ran it.

Just one little logistical problem--they do not provide shuttles. When I did it back then I would just network with other people around my pace and arrange a ride back. Heck it's northern Mn. and Wi. people so everyone is very friendly and helpful. Nice.

I really would recommend this, heck you've got me thinking about doing it again. Hmmm. Maybe we could work out the shuttle.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles on the treadmill, no real running weather till this weekend Sad

qotd: I wish I knew more, can identify both Dippers (and the North star) and Orion- that's about it; I know some of the brighter "stars" nearer the horizon are planets, but don't know which ones Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Chnaiur

I know some of the brighter "stars" nearer the horizon are planets, but don't know which ones Smile

This is what Google Sky Maps finally helped me sort out last summer. It was really fun!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k