Trailer Trash

Bakery Sunday (Read 26 times)

NorthernHarrier

Heading off to a beautiful single track loop that winds by a couple lakes. It's a pretty route any day but with the fall color being what it is right now I figure this will be a knock your socks off run. But the best part is this small bakery I will have to drive by to get there. Not sure how they stay in business up here but I will do my part to help.  Later on I'll probably split some wood while listening to another Packer debacle and then do a little bird hunting on the way home.

I have no QOTD. 

moonlightrunner

Wow, Harrier! What a heavenly weekend! I am uber jealous..except for the hunting part of it...so glad you are having a great time!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

Ran 6 miles down to the gym for some core work. Heading out to the trails with the pup right now for maybe 8 more. Plan to spend some time this afternoon writing while the chili cooks in the crockpot. It's good chili weather here today.

I hope you all have a great Sunday.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will get in 14-ish miles this afternoon; went to a fund raiser for our local trail advocates-Prickly Pear Land Trust and won a silent auction for a free pair of LaSportiva shoes and a free local race entry Big grin  My Grizzlies had a solid win against Norther Colorado yesterday.

qotd: what other outdoor recreation endeavors do you partake in?  I'm an avid backpacker, spend a lot of time fishing and hunting and in winter can often be found on snowshoes or x-country skis

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

10 miles this morning with the gang.  Lots of talking so it went by very quickly.

qotd: not much because living near a big city there aren't too many opportunities.  I do crew for my DD's horse adventures, but that is sorta like doing ultras so not much different.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Brian Runner

Just a short trail run in the cool of the morning. I have not logged any runs longer than 6 miles since Pine Creek 100k on September 6th. Physically i'm fully recovered, but mentally I just haven't felt much drive. Next race is Green Monster 25k on Oct 12.

Right now I'm enjoying a cold 6 pack of Southern Tier Brewing Company's (NY) IPA.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work for 24 hours so running or other activity for me. Getting my exercise swatting flies. For some reason the station is polluted with them.  Haven't  been doing much running the past week anyways. Trying to give the ankle a break so I switched to the bike. Got in a nice 40 mile ride yesterday.

QOTD:  Biking, Hunting, shooting. Pretty much in that order.

Watoni

Ran 6 miles down to the gym for some core work. Heading out to the trails with the pup right now for maybe 8 more. Plan to spend some time this afternoon writing while the chili cooks in the crockpot. It's good chili weather here today.

I hope you all have a great Sunday.

Seriously? You are an animal.

I might play tennis or do a short neighborhood run with the boys after yesterday's Knoxville double century. Riding as much in one day as you have in almost two months is generally a bad idea, but I took it mellow and really had fun out there -- tired now though.

Occasional Runner

Seriously? You are an animal.

I might play tennis or do a short neighborhood run with the boys after yesterday's Knoxville double century. Riding as much in one day as you have in almost two months is generally a bad idea, but I took it mellow and really had fun out there -- tired now though.

Meh...I dropped at the Bear. I have legs left to use up.

runtraildc

A 10K road race this morning.  Humid, sunny weather with leaden, sluggish legs ending in a PW.  BUT, DS got second in his age group and there was very good beer at the end.  This is the rare race where I stick around for the post-race festivities.  Good food, good beer and DS won a prize (engraved bottle opener, don't know how this fits for a minor, but it's fun all the same!).

qotd:  Hmm, where to start?  Since winter is coming, I'll focus on winter sports-- skiing (both downhill and XC).  And, if I can get my hands on snowshoes, snowshoeing.

LB2

I ran around 4 just after daybreak.

QOTD: I turkey hunt during the spring. That is about it. The season is only 30 days, and I normally get my two birds pretty early. I have a lot of friends, though. So, I spend a great deal of time as a guide.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Late check-in today.

No run, but a fun day with the family with a BBQ in the evening.

My toe is hirting at tmes, and even though I don't think anything is off, I don't mind the extra rest, especially as I don't have a race on the horizon before the local road-HM in December.

Lace: oh no. Tell us what happened... sorry to hear you had to pull the strings.

QOTD: hiking and biking at this time of year, or in the spring and summer. Skiing, sledding and snowshoeing in winter, and ice skating if the lake is frozen well. Open water swimming if I can get to it in summer. Oftentimes just playing outside, preferably at the various state parks around our area, like ball games, or featherball or frisbee. Does minigolf count, too? Camping with the family if we can get ourselves to pack up and do it.

Run for fun.