Trailer Trash

Western Wednesdailies (Read 37 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

ran w/ a group from the LRS this evening, right at the hottest part of the day Sad  about 90 degrees, but hey it's a dry heat!  reason I ran w/ them was there was a Hoka rep who brought about 50 pairs of demo shoes to run in, he didn't have any of their trail lineup, but said the general feel would be the same- had to size up 1/2 size from my normal 10 (Brooks, Pearl Izumi, Montrail)- I think they were Bondi's iirc.  Anywho they picked a very rocky, technical trail (was in the 6 mile neighborhood) to run.  I have to admit I'm pretty impressed- they were very comfy and soaked up the rocks like no other shoe I've run in.  They did seem a little less responsive and nimble, but not terribly so.  The stack height isn't as large as the shoes look, as your foot sits well into it, but it is a little more than most other shoes.  When my PI's give up the ghost I might try a pair just for the hell of it.

qotd: a company that would be proud to have someone hurl up their product on any run past 30 miles Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Thanks Sandy -- Kathy spent a long time looking at the pictures today, was our topic of conversation when we went out this afternoon.  Just such a great thing for her (and the horse?).

Cool.  The horses are all Mongolian ponys.  Semi-wild things.  The get a fresh horse at each Urtuu station, or every 25 miles.

However I am watching online and it seems that she has just turned around and is returning to Urtuu 14.  Could be she was thrown or the horse has a problem.  Won't know until late tomorrow I guess.  I'll let you know.  Fingers crossed.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

What a way to start off into the day... Nothing could upset me after having gotten all that done and show up to work on time. Approve

That couchy...is a cool feeling!!  you inspire me to go to bed now and start the day in the dark......I'll let you know if I execute it tomorrow.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄