Trailer Trash

Another Sunny Saturdailie (Read 25 times)

Marley and I had a nice 5 mile trail run.  We saw a small heard of deer in the water between a small island and the shore of the reservoir.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

should be getting a 10-ish mile run in on Mount Sentinel today

qotd: what's your "perfect" running weather? the last couple of mornings it's been in the upper 40's w/ no wind, not overcast but shaded because the sun wasn't up fully- running in shorts and a long sleeve shirt it was absolutely perfect!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

It's not sunny here. I woke up to rain and dense cloud cover. I took the wife and the pup on a 7 mile trail run in the mountains. It was just a light rain by the time we went out, so it was pretty comfortable.

Gonna chill for the rest of the day.

QOTD: I love 45-50 degrees, no wind and clear skies. It can't get better than that.

Birdwell

Morning everyone!

Short hike with the kiddos planned this morning. After naptime I'll get out for another 10 or so.

QOTD: I love 50 and overcast with a gentle breeze (>5mph)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

6.5 with Earl....it was a good run..I felt really strong.   My from the house run takes me through some woods on personal property and along a power line into a state park.  So while I was in the park I was thinking how nice it was out and I couldn't believe I was all alone.  Especially given the fact that the park is right in town.

Who knows what's on the table for the rest of the day as the hubby is changing his mind about what he wants to do and he 's still sleeping.

Qotd:  50 to 60 and sunny, but shady because I am in the woods.  It was pretty perfect weather this morning warm and a little humid.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

0.7 with Weston the dog and then 5 trail miles with HATRs in Clayton Park.  Legs felt pretty springy and light, all things considered.  QOTD:  cool and overcast, maybe with light rain.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

QOTD: Anything but hot weather or more than 10 degrees below 0 zero is fine with me.  Even a little of those extremes can be fun in small doses.  I just like weather including most "bad" weather.   I guess the days that really stand out as nice are the mornings from 40-50, clear, and dry, but some rain, snow, or sleet can be fun too.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

Spent the morning and early afternoon planting tomatoes, peppers, cabbage and cucumbers. Itwas beautiful and about 80.  Around six iI will be going out for a couple hour run.

Lace: great looking dog...she looks just like my little English Pointer. They are great running dogs. Even at 8 years old mine runs like an energizer bunny on steroids. Was she a rescue or from a breeder? What is her personality like?

Qotd: 50 to 60 degrees. A few years ago I would have said 40 to 60....not as cold tolerant as I used to be.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

Lace: great looking dog...she looks just like my little English Pointer. They are great running dogs. Even at 8 years old mine runs like an energizer bunny on steroids. Was she a rescue or from a breeder? What is her personality like?

She was a rescue dog. She's not super social with my other dogs but she follows me everywhere I go. She's very quiet all day except for first thing in the morning. She comes to my side of the bed and wakes me up so we can go running. She's affectionate towards me and protective of me. She sometimes gets irritated if one of my other dogs wants my time and attention. She's a cool dog.

moonlightrunner

Awww! She sounds great. Good for you for choosing a rescue. Mine is too...she has never recovered from her abuse...bit she is a great partner for running...and very attached. I hope she works out great for you.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run today again, I think it's been two weeks now since my last run. But I am on the recovery trail, and most of the pain in my lungs is gone. Only a faint dull ache remaining when I take deep breaths, so in something like 2-4 days, I should be ready to run again. Yay! Worked all day, then took my boys to the Memorial Day parade, to watch DD play in the marching band. Funny, it literally rained on the parade, and even though it was sunny all around us, there was just this one black cloud, which provided a torrential downpour just on the parade, and just during the parade. As soon as the parade was over, the rain stopped, of course. Kelly: nice running partner, good looking, too! QOTD: above 60 degrees, so that I can wear shorts and a T, and either sun, or a warm drizzle. But I'm not too picky, I run happily through the winter, too.

Run for fun.

Brian Runner

Double road race morning for me. Crushed my old 10k PR by 1:12 and then jumped into the 5k event an hour later and placed 10 out of 155 for my 2nd age group award of the day. Report/Pics: http://www.briankunkle.com/2014/05/pound-ground-5k10k-race-report.html Going to be a triple header weekend, with a local trail 5k on Monday. Another local trail 5k next weekend

Watoni

Long groundhog day at work, then a little over 7 on the town horse trails and a little under 7 minute pace -- felt good but tried not to push too much, just a short hills.

QOTD: 50-60 degrees, sunny, light breeze. In events, sometimes I do best in adverse weather, though