Trailer Trash

Mondailies (Read 31 times)

It was a nice cool 44 F when we headed out for a great 5 mile trail run.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

SRD today, while the blisters heal.

Ran the Dirty German 50 miler yesterday, finishing in 12:06:15 knocking almost 40 minutes off of my PR!  Came in DFL.

I can now officially be called a Marathon Maniac, having completed 3 in < 90 days. (even though I was DFL in two of them!)

Ran 1 miles or so with muppy (aka soggy britches), good chatting there until it was time for me to walk up a hill.  Missed wc (though may have run past him w/o recognition)  and TnC, who now owes me a beer!

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

SRD today, while the blisters heal.

Ran the Dirty German 50 miler yesterday, finishing in 12:06:15 knocking almost 40 minutes off of my PR!  Came in DFL.

I can now officially be called a Marathon Maniac, having completed 3 in < 90 days. (even though I was DFL in two of them!)

Ran 1 miles or so with muppy (aka soggy britches), good chatting there until it was time for me to walk up a hill.  Missed wc (though may have run past him w/o recognition)  and TnC, who now owes me a beer!

I brought a six pack! And only drank 1 of them Sad  Next race, I got you!

Congrats on the PR! It was a beautiful day for a race but I was very glad to be done after the 25k Smile

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I brought a six pack! And only drank 1 of them Sad  Next race, I got you!

Congrats on the PR! It was a beautiful day for a race but I was very glad to be done after the 25k Smile

Don't forget the bottle opener!

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DigDug2

6.7 on road/rail trail/real trail - 43 degrees in CT, beautiful morning.  Saw a couple of turkeys (including a male, which I don't see very often - tried to stop for a photo but he just gobbled at me and ran off) and a fox (which may explain the turkey's bad mood).

muppy

Got in 31 miles yesterday at the Dirty German, doing a 4 mile power walk today for recovery (I'm mowing the 14,000 sq foot putting green at my work at 3.5 mph)

Congrats Jbyram on the PR!

Brian Runner

Ran a new 7 mile local trail race here in North East Pa on Sunday morning. Race Report: http://www.briankunkle.com/2014/05/chief-wetonah-challenge-2014-race-report.html

Probably some miles on the indoor bike and an easy trail run this afternoon.

The 25k yesterday was the longest I'd run since Stone Mill last fall, so my legs are feeling it today! I might go for a run at lunch (more of a shuffle or jog really) to get the muscles moving and enjoy this gorgeous spring weather.  I'm going to post a RR after we get the race photos, I was surprised to see a couple photographers out there this year.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD for me on my extended taper.

Conrats to all the Dirty German's out there.  Must have been a beautiful day for the race.

QOTD:  Do you have a go-to "mud shoe" or do you just wear your normal shoes and clean them off later?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

QOTD:  I use the same shoes, and never ever clean them, except for clopping the mud off before I bring them inside.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

LB2

5 to 7 after work. My calf is a little wanky right now, but I think it will be okay.

QOTD: I usually run in NB 110's in the mud. They do pretty well, but mud can be a funny thing. I ran in the Rocky's a couple of years ago in a pair of Adidas XT's. The shoe has really aggressive lugs for mud, but that Utah mountain mud can really get sticky. I was slipping and sliding all over the trail at one point. Being from Louisiana, I run in mud quite a bit, and I was surprised at how bad it was.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run again and this will be my mantra for a while now. I have not yet scratched ES100 yet, waiting for the recovery and build up to start one day and working it from there, but might have to. 34 deg this morning, and a thick layer of frost on my car. I actually had to go back into the house to get the ice scraper. I hope none of my plants have suffered forstbite, I thought we were way beyond that now! (Usually no more frost after April 25 or so here). Congrats on the PR, jbyram! QOTD: I use my usual pair of all-purpose trail shoes, the Brooks Cascadias. If I know it's going to be really muddy, I'll pick an old pair because they fit more tightly, and I won't worry about ruining them. But even if I take a newer pair, I rarely eash them afterwards, only when they smell. My other trailshoes don't work in mud, they either have no traction at all (PureGrits), or fit too losely, so I might lose them un the sticky muck.

Run for fun.

Watoni

SRD -- Weekend was great with a good Couch-advised run (I think) on Saturday, school auction and dancing Saturday night, a frisky post-hangover coast loop on the bike, finished off by a short jog around the neighborhood trail loop with my 10-year old.

QOTD: Race or training run? For a shortish mud run, nothing beats the old La Sportiva X-Country in my opinion. but I have put spike sin them for winter use. I normally lace-up Vertical Ks or Helios now for those runs. Vertical Ks were perfect for the North Face 50k mud fest in Marin in 2012.

Hey, stay strong Couch! ES 100 can still be done

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had a nice 5.6 this morning.  Didn't run yerterday so didn't post.  I can't see Sandy's or for that matter anyone's pictures when they share.  Must be some type of block at work; yet I can see the avators (your post picture).

QOTD:  Same shoes different day.  If they are muddy I leave them outside to dry and when I run again the dirt just falls off.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

headed out to the hills now for a 5 miler

qotd: I have multiple pairs of the same shoe (PI N2's)- the very oldest pair is for chores, the next oldest has sheet metal screws for winter, the next is for muddy conditions and the newest for fair weather/races (and I just ordered a new pair because they have a new color! Big grin)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √