Trailer Trash

I was attacked by... (Read 74 times)

Messenjah

You would think I would learn. This past weekend I am pretty sure the same stupid bird was following me again. This time I just ran faster and he left me alone after about 100 yards.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

... a pinetree needle. Even un-animated objects can attack!

The thing fell from the tree into my ear, and caused significant discomfort. It took a while to get it out of my ear, I never thought such a thing could ever happen.

So it does make sense to wear earplugs, or headphones, during a trail run! 

Run for fun.

DigDug2

Video of a dive-bombing red-winged blackbird.

http://www.kcci.com/news/divebombing-bird-targets-downtown-walkers-runners/26870498

Watoni

Well, I have not been attacked, but am rethinking my hikes (and, when I recover, runs) in the dark:

A mountain lion was spotted Friday morning near the open space area adjacent to the San Mateo Highlands neighborhood, police said.

According to San Mateo County Alert system, the animal was spotted behind the homes in the 2000 block of Lexington Avenue at about 7:30 a.m. This is the third mountain lion sighting in San Mateo since July 1.

San Mateo police said that because of the city's proximity to open space areas populated by wildlife, interactions with mountain lions and other non-domesticated animals are a regularly occurring safety concern.

Given the recent big cat sightings, police have offered several safety tips.

To avoid a mountain lion encounter, residents should avoid hiking or jogging through wooded areas at dusk, dawn and at night, when mountain lions are most active, and should keep a close watch over children.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Not me, but some other unlucky fellow:

He was swallowed by a tree:

Only his hands sticking out, like a desperate cry for help.

I ran past that tree very fast and watchfully.

Run for fun.

Messenjah

THIS IS MY NEWS CHANNEL AND I RUN THERE ALL OF THE TIME!!!!!

Video of a dive-bombing red-winged blackbird.

http://www.kcci.com/news/divebombing-bird-targets-downtown-walkers-runners/26870498

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

... a really huge orb weaver. Now I know they are big, but the body of this one was twice the size of all the orb weavers I've seen in the last 10 or so years. 

I ran right through the web, and the spider landed on my shoulder, so I could study it in detail... 

Run for fun.