Trailer Trash

Jupiter Peak Steeplechase RR (Read 35 times)

Occasional Runner

It kind of blows my mind that more RD's don't do this in the ultra world.  Offer shorter distances that is.

Me too. There's a lot of opportunity there and that market is wide open while the ultra market is getting saturated.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It kind of blows my mind that more RD's don't do this in the ultra world.  Offer shorter distances that is.

I, for one, would really like that. I'm slow enough that I can't make the cutoff times for some of the longer ultras, but I would love to be able to race a shorter distance, then stay to help and cheer.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Most of our ultras down here offer shorter distances. I think RR100 is the exception. Now they have the shorter run (50 mile) on the next weekend, because it got too big. But most others even go down to 10k and 25k runs.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

Most of our ultras down here offer shorter distances. I think RR100 is the exception. Now they have the shorter run (50 mile) on the next weekend, because it got too big. But most others even go down to 10k and 25k runs.

The 25k distance seems to be a popular choice. If I was an RD, I would roll that into my longer events. I would also run more races at that distance if they were available. Makes for a great training run. As it strands, I end up running marathons and 50k's for training because that's what we have available.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

The 25k distance seems to be a popular choice. If I was an RD, I would roll that into my longer events. I would also run more races at that distance if they were available. Makes for a great training run. As it strands, I end up running marathons and 50k's for training because that's what we have available.

25-30K distances are great because they are semi-challenging yet doable by most runners.  And it's a good "gateway" distance to 50K and more.

They're the "half marry" of the trail world. 

You people have issues 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

They're the "half marry" of the trail world. 

Reported.

Running is dumb.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

You people have issues