Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 27 times)

LB2

Hi Mandy!!  Come visit next summer, now that you're running again!  Smile

I haven't run yet.  Night person and all that, I'll run tonight.

QOTD: Tor des Geants for me.  Been near the top (or at the top) of my to-do list for a few years.  Maybe when money is a little less tight.

Tor des Geants

Speaking of "elitist pricks"...

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't run last night...I need to be honest because I know Mandy verifies training logs versus daily posts.  I went home drank a beer, had a shot or two of whiskey and then took Earl for a long walk.  But will run tonight after work..again too hard to drag the arse out of bed in the dark.

QOTD:  I'll say Western States for two reasons..since moving here and hearing about the WS I have been interested becoming an ultra runner and I've always fancied running this race.  The other reason is with the lack of 50 milers to qualify I have no other chance to get in.  Lace I was one of those that thought you were an elitist and felt some spots should be left open for local folks running their first 100.      It is true that my running group gets a free entry and usually about 4 people put their name in for it but I think you still need to have qualified.  The lottery does make it more exciting.   Actually Hardrock looks beautiful.   CGERBER has posted some nice pictures.  In this fantasy will we also be able to finish a 100 miler?

Xtreme:  Sweet...I love old dogs.  They are so sweet and it's cool when their little spirit comes out.

Western States:  I think it would be awesome if all of you guys got in this year, extreme, Sandy, Kelly...

LB2:  Prick is a good word..

Sandy2:  Some of the adds on my page look like this...is it because you are on the site?  ℼ潤瑣灹⁥瑨汭㰾瑨汭㰾敨摡㰾瑳汹㹥ℼⴭ愊氺湩⁻潣潬㩲

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

3 at home today, just gorgeous outside, and thus ends probably the most hitch-free training cycle I've ever had... might even make the podium on Saturday if all goes well. That'd be a nice debut, anyway. Now for some quality time with the slackline. I bought it for the kids, but spending time walking it has curiously coincided with a faceplant free trail season.

QOTD: I really really love team events, so one of those... probably Hood to Coast

Speaking of "elitist pricks"...

You know it!  :-)

Daydreamer1

Working at my part time job today. It's too F'in busy .  Running from call to call. That's not the type of running i like to do.

Supposed to work until 6 pm, so If I get out on time I'll head home and get in a short 4-5 miles.

QOTD: Didn't have much time to think about this one, but off the top of my head I'd have to say Kona Ironman. Yep I know it's a tri and I've never done one, but give me a year or two and I could finish it. I'll probably never be able to qualify for it so I need the automatic entrance.

NorthernHarrier

Still not running. Just feeling really effed up. Supposed to run a 25k this Sat. but that's looking iffy now. It will be back to square one by the time I feel good to go. Going to try a few minutes on the elliptical shortly.

QOTD: Didn't have much time to think about this one, but off the top of my head I'd have to say Kona Ironman. Yep I know it's a tri and I've never done one, but give me a year or two and I could finish it. I'll probably never be able to qualify for it so I need the automatic entrance.

QOTD-- thinking about this while driving about today and that was my choice again assuming travel and lodging was part of the package. I mean lets face it for most so called dream events the entry fee is really nothing in the overall picture. It's travel and gaining entry.  I could pull off the Ironman with just 8 weeks of sharpening if we are talking just finishing comfortably, er, I mean something less than a death march. Strictly speaking a running event I have always thought about the Escarpment run in N.Y.

Daydreamer, you are underestimating your own ability at least as a runner and biker. You would go thru it a lot easier than you think with your background.