Trailer Trash

The Mondailies (Read 43 times)

Occasional Runner

Kelly -- that sucks.  I didn't know that.  So what happens now?

I guess I just cruise around the western US and run on dry dirt until it's time to start a new job. Its been working well so far.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I guess I just cruise around the western US and run on dry dirt until it's time to start a new job. Its been working well so far.

Are you looking in Utah?  Do you have anything lined up at this point?

Livin' the dream right now, eh...

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Yeah, I have something lined up in Utah but I haven't seen my offer letter yet. I was hoping to take a few months off but I can't pass up a well paying job right now with the hope that another will come along when I NEED to start working again.

Are you looking in Utah?  Do you have anything lined up at this point?

Livin' the dream right now, eh...

runtraildc

hi all- got in 7 road miles at sunset, which is getting noticeably later these days.

qotd:  have had lots of tedious jobs, but it always comes down to the people.  so that would be my last job, working for a narcissist.  enough said.

Ultra Cowboy

Planning on 4 miles tonight.

I've been at my job for 15 years now.  I've been lucky that I have been able to "chart my course " within the company by taking on projects, my bosses don't have the skill or desire to do.

I never had a "bad job"  ever.  The job I enjoyed least was working in the college meats lab.  Being inside a building with no windows was no fun.  I learned a lot from it that I still use today.

WYBMADIITY

Save

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Wound up with 4.4 miles in cold, blowing snow with the dog.  Is winter over yet? 

Running is dumb.

Birdwell

3 with the dog. Tried out a new harness for him (Easy Walk by Premier)

It works great, he can't pull at all. The only downside to him not pulling is that my pace went down a bit.

Mandy, please send any and all snow my way. We haven't had anything since the beginning of December. It's getting a bit alarming.

QOTD: The worst job was my dream job. I got a position as a Park Ranger for a small municipality with a lot of open space backed up to forest land. Job was awesome, people not so much. I was pretty young (22, and dumb) and got the position over a number of longtime parks employees. Tension from the start (grumpy people+getting passed over for jobs they think they "deserve"= sleepless nights for me), less than a year in I saw the writing on the wall and negotiated an exit package with them.

Looking back, there were a few mistakes made on both sides. I learned a lot from it (mainly things not to do). Losing that job set me on the path to where I am now, so I can't complain.

ElfRunner25

Wannabe Ultrarunner

3 mile walk in the woods with a friend this morning, 4.5ish flat on the road tonight. I can feel the increase in mileage and running days in my legs now, which I take to mean that I'm finally making progress. The last couple years were rough on my time, motivation, and body. It's frustrating to think back to where I was before but encouraging to see the fitness coming back.

QOTD: I had a job doing door to door surveys for a research project when I was in college. Most of the people I worked with were great, and it certainly wasn't a terrible job, but I hated knocking on doors and trying to convince strangers to talk to me. It was good experience, though, and helped me be less shy.

Race schedule: a 50k. Sometime. This year. Maybe a 5k too. Maybe races in between as well. 

NorthernHarrier

Happy to have gotten a nice long run in yesterday as I worked too long today to get out and the next few days look brutal weatherwise. I'll do what I can and try not to whine much. Did get in a session in the man cave this morning and I'll go swim some laps tomorrow morning but I'm getting tired of running in below zero weather. I need spring badly.

AT--Amazing story. That is one sick MFer. There is simply no punishment cruel enough for that creep.  BTW--that's kicking butt for an old grizzled vet on that track workout, nice job!

Lace_up--I actually thought I missed a posting that you had quit so you could just ride that wave you're on. Nice kick in the groin. I can only imagine the feelings of contempt to be disrespected like that.  New challenges and opportunities will show up, Good luck.

QOTD--Nice one. Interesting reading. Mine is pretty tame compared to some. As a kid I took a job in an old feed mill. Horrible conditions, hard and heavy work, dirty, dusty, rats, and who knows what spores floating in the air. I made it 3 days. In retrospect, shouldn't have made it 3 hours.

Chnaiur

Lapped the bunny hill with my boys this morning. Amazing how much they have learned after only seven days in ski school. We had a great time, but I feel a bit melancholic that I can't learn that fast any more.

Yesterday I had a great run from Alpine Meadows up to the Pacific Crest trail. The yellow granite in the sunset was really nice, and the trail was eminently dry and runnable. It was one of those rare days when running is better than skiing.

QOTD: I had my share of shitty short-term young-person jobs: carrying direct mail advertising in 0F, picking strawberries, working in a grocery stores, and in a prison in college. All my professional jobs have had ups and down, and often caused a lot of resentment. However, looking back I feel I always got what I needed back from them in the end. So I wouldn't describe any job I've had the last 15+ years as horrible.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jonferg67

Endless trails

qotd:  have had lots of tedious jobs, but it always comes down to the people.  so that would be my last job, working for a narcissist.  enough said.

I had one of those bosses a few years ago. We had a weekly management meeting just the

2 of us and before each meeting I would review a set a notes I had in my desk "how to deal with

narcissistic personality disorder." It was interesting to watch the queen of the universe as she

associated with us mortals.

LB2

I ran/walked 6.2 miles of trails, practicing walking is an important thing for me. I just didn't feel like running another long run on Monday. I needed a break.

QOTD: I don't know which job was the worst. They all have good and bad points. If this question was posed this time last year, it would be the job I have now, but it has gotten much better. I think the overall worst job was when I took a position after I quit my teaching job. I was a salesman for a marinade company. I got to travel a great deal, but the pay was low. I wasn't too worried because I had a pretty good chunk of money sitting around and was still getting paid through my teaching contract all the way through the summer. I sold a bunch of this marinade, but I never got the commission check I was promised. Then, I got laid off, which was okay because it was two weeks before turkey season. Unfortunately, the season sucked, but I did manage to get lucky and kill one nice turkey. So, I guess that sales job was the worst, but I had a lot of fun despite all that. Nevertheless, the company came on hard times and was sold. I had a couple of opportunities to go to work for some larger companies, like Cabela's, but I could not (would not) move away. Money is not so important to me that I would leave my oldest daughter here with only her crazy mother as a support system. So, I stayed, and I am glad I did. She needs her dad.

LB2

sugnim