Trailer Trash

Tree-Time-Sundaily (Read 33 times)

AT-runner

Tim

We hiked around this morning looking for the perfect Christmas tree.  I'm calling it cross training.  First time in 4 years we had all three kids with us to pick out and cut down our tree.  Oldest DD goes back to work in Oregon tomorrow, so running has been slow this week.

QOTD:  Live tree, cut tree. fake tree, menorah, fetivus pole or nothing at all?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

had a great run in Missoula yesterday, up the Rattlesnake in the Stuart Peak area- 14 miles w/ lots of elevation; will get in 7 miles this afternoon- looks all hell breaks loose on Monday/Tuesday where we'll be well below 0 for awhile, that's too cold, too early!

qotd: normally we cut a small tree out in the hills, as we're still in an apartment we'll probably break out our small artificial tree- I think it's circa 1970's Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

I ran 10 fast (probably too fast) miles this morning. I met up with a local ultra runner in Charleston and he showed a pretty decent "trail" to run. I would guess there must have been about 5 feet of gain/loss on the out and back.

The Wasatch Front 100 lottery opens today, so make sure you all get registered!

QOTD: We always buy a live tree but I'm definitely open to getting a fake tree.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I plan on taking the dog out for an easy 4-5 miles this morning.  My quads are sore.  Who knew 30mpw could be so much?  Joking

QOTD: Someone convinced me I should stop being a scrooge this year and get out my little ceramic tree that my great grandmother handed down to me.  Maybe I'll do that today.

Running is dumb.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

11 miles on the trails this morning, empty stomach and sore legs still. Just after we began, we spooked 6 deer who took off and apparently spooked what I am hoping was a Bobcat, didn't see it but it sounded like the deer had ran across it's path and pissed it off. Situations like this always make me happy to live where I do, the only animals I have to worry about are White-Tails, Bobcat, Coyotes, Turkey, occasional loose dogs, and maybe snakes. There have been sightings of Mountain Lions in our area, I think I saw one a month ago while driving down the highway but thankfully I haven't ran into one on the trails

qotd: You mean Christmas Tree right? None, I honestly would like to have one, but I have 4 devious cats which would personally make for some hilarious photos - and one devious toddler.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on getting a run in after work today. QOTD: we switch between a real tree and a fake tree almost every year. While I grew up with real trees and never had a fake tree before I came to America, DH had his first real tree only when he celebrated his first Christmas with me. It was fake Hanukkah bushes until.then for him. So we have several decorations in our house, fake or real, Hanukkah, Christmas, and the European Advent. No preference for any one.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Good morning.  I've been running, just some non-eventful 5 milers.  However yesterday's run was nice, did a really nice 5+ miles on the rocky, swervy, little hilly trails near Waco (actually a few miles outside of a tiny town called Valley Mills).  Same trails that my DD was riding, but I only did the single track stuff, up and down ravines and thru stream crossings, lots of fun.  My DD always gives me the trail info after her rides and sends me out to the best single track bits.

She was riding a "horse in training", sort of a project and they did not finish, pour guy was a bit out of shape so she and I decided to pull him out at 40 miles.  He was still willing, but we could tell that he had had enough (funny how you can read the signs).  The vet said that he was still ok to go, but he also thought we made the right move.  So it's more training and hoof care for the big guy.  The horse she arranged for the 2nd day also wasn't quite ready so we bagged it and came home.  A really nice "relaxing" low-key bit of riding, running and camping though.

qotd:  we always get a real tree.

tbd.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I had a nice 9 mile trail run this morning, felt great even after doing

14 yesterday. My serene run was interrupted at the 8 mile mark by

two morons on motorcycles coming around a corner-totally illegal.

But, on a positive note, their was a mt. biker with a chainsaw who had

taken care of 3 trees that were blocking the trail-I thanked him!

QOTD: Festivus pole.

sugnim

Good morning.  I got in a nice 6 meandering trail miles this morning in the rain.  I did some geocaching along the way--looked for 3 but found 1.  I came home soaking wet and cold, but I had a great time!

QOTD:  We always get a big live tree.  We will probably get a native alpine pine next weekend.  I'm pretty excited for the tree this year because our 8 week old son is really into looking at lights, so I think he will enjoy having the colored lights and decorations in the house.

NorthernHarrier

Well yesterday I pushed it a little on a 14 miler and today I paid for it with some dead legs. Quit after a little over 5 miles that included some walk breaks. It just wasn't happening today. Did come across a fresh blood trail so I tracked that for a bit until it headed into private lands. Can't help myself at times.

QOTD--I was gonna do the colonial thing by bragging up Wi. as one of the top xmas tree producers but a quick check of the facts doesn't back that up. N.Carolina and Oregon produce way more. Who knew??  Anyway, we always get a fresh cut one from one of local lots near here.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

15.5 withEarl and the running friend Along Gracie Ditch. The ditch was empty though so not as pretty.

qotd: I have a silver 1950's tree.  use used to go live tree  when we would have the in laws over.  Sometimes I don't even bother putting it up.  Was thinking if putting lights in the pine tree at the end of the driveway

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Nice lights in the hood. Does anyone of you purpuously just run through the hood to enjoy all the displays and decorations. I always love that every year.

AT: The perfect tree, like in the Griswold Christmas movie?

warden: Sounds a bit chilly for the next few days. Good you got out for some nice runs now.

lace: Huge elevation change. Probably that's why it was a bit exhausting.

Mandy: I'll be at  this mileage soon again, too. And no, not stepping down - working up. Darn knee.

Soul: I've had a couple trees crash down when the cat/cats climbed up. No toddler accidents, though, just a "re-decorated" tree each day.

Sandy: Nice to have a scout ahead of you. And it was probably good for the horse to get him some rest as long as he was still willing to go. I think this works the same way as with humans.

BTW, I found out something new about Telluride, CO: It is not only great for trail running, but also for skiing. I did not know that. So now I have even one more reason to convince DH to go check this place out in summer, preferably in August - it's important to get to know your skiing resort way ahead of time, right? Wink

Unfortunately, he's also not exactly an avid skiier...

sugnim: 8 weeks?? Can't believe how fast time rushes by! Surprised

Queen: ++ insert sigh of relief here ++ So I'm not the only one who sometimes thinks setting up this whole tree thing is just too much work.

We have a nice tree in our backyard which we have raised ourselves from just a tiny stem, and I'm thinking of decorating it for the first time this year.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Queen: ++ insert sigh of relief here ++ So I'm not the only one who sometimes thinks setting up this whole tree thing is just too much work.

We have a nice tree in our backyard which we have raised ourselves from just a tiny stem, and I'm thinking of decorating it for the first time this year.

]

Couchie...I have no kids so it is ok...you have to do a tree when you have kids.  But if you make it the tree in the backyard....I think that would work too.  All santa's gifts can be outside.

AT-runner

Tim

Queen, great tree.  We had one just like that in our rumpus room (dating myself) growing up.  Had a nice light that we put in front of the tree that changed colors too.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!