Trailer Trash

Shivering Saturday (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

Got in 6 miles this am with the group.  It was hard getting dressed since it was 20*, but 5* windchill.  For me and running gear, that is a big range for which to dress.  After the first half mile, it wasn't so bad and it turned out that I had a good balance of layers.  Winds are gusting to 25+ and building, so it was now or never.  Glad to be back in my warm house.

qotd:  It's a long weekend PLUS valentine's day.  Any fun plans?  Us, not really.  DS has skiing tomorrow; other DS has a big project due Tuesday and the weather is crappy.  Not enough snow to have fun in, not warm enough to get on the water.

muppy

7.6 miles last night.

Runtraildc,  that's about the same  weather  I had last night And after I got warmed up it was really rather nice.

QOTD  We both work this weekend. We will have a little dinner at home tomorrow and next week we're going to go to Baltimore for a fee days.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Spending the day at work. Last night's snowstorm never happened, temps are way higher and wind is way less than forecasted. Somehow I am disappointed.

Hoping for for a nice run after work, but probably a URD.

QOTD: No plans, just enjoying my time with the family- the little time that is left between work and a quick run.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Temp is about 16 right now. DS thinks the wind is blowing about 15-20 knots (at least the aviation degree expanded his vocabulary ). Not sure if I'll get outside for a run or not. I might have to dig out the balaclava and head out in a few minutes for 4-5 miles.  My sinuses are plugged up, so that should clean 'em out.

QOTD: Work.

NorthernHarrier

Boy, you guys are soft!   20F is not cold even with a wind. Jeesh!  XT is still running in shorts and debating whether to wear a shirt.

I did a good paced 12 miles on the roads this morning. IT WAS -2F with a wind when I started.   Just a long sleeve tech top, fleece jacket, sporthill pants, stocking cap, and my .99c gloves. It's not real complicated. 

Runtrail--you're from Minnesota, you should be relishing the cold!  How many layers do you need for 20F?   (just giving you crap)

QOTD-I'm not sure it's a long weekend for everyone. Heading out for a week of camping on Florida's gulf coast. Weather looks perfect so far. It will be rough but I'll try to endure.

runtraildc

Right!?!    Actually, it was the temp range that concerned me-- too hot at 20, too cold at 5F when running the first half into the wind.  And I like to run warm.  Hate running cold.  Friend posted -24F in northern MN this am.  Don't miss that.

And I've noticed you're heading to FL?  (have a good trip)

Runtrail--you're from Minnesota, you should be relishing the cold!  How many layers do you need for 20F?   (just giving you crap)

QOTD-I'm not sure it's a long weekend for everyone. Heading out for a week of camping on Florida's gulf coast. Weather looks perfect so far. It will be rough but I'll try to endure.

NHLA

8 miles on Wolf Mt. Very cold but woods helped with the wind. qotd no plans
                Daydreamer1

Just got back in after 5 miles. Temp was 11 degrees with a wind of about 10-15 with some sustained gusts that had to approach 20, so wind chill would have been between 0 and -10. Actually felt kind of nice.  Just had to stop and think where I stored all my coldest weather gear.  Thank God for windproof underwear and waterproof gloves and socks.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Planned for 14-15 this morning on the AT but ended up with 11.  But it was a 20 mile effort.  Much deeper snow than I anticipated made things slow going on rollers and up but sure was a blast bombing downhill.  The cold and wind wasn't too bad.  I was layered well.

QOTD: DW and I had a date today- a few hours without the kids was great.  Went to lunch and then things got really HOT n HEAVY - we went grocery shopping. 

Have a good night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

10 miles this morning (Sun).  Nice temps 40 - 45 I guess, but very windy, in some places it was like going against a wind tunnel. Felt better than I thought I was going to after yesterday's run and ended up pushing the pace a bit in the end.

I guess I was inspired, my DD did a 50k yesterday (Rocky Raccoon) she was going to take it easy due to her gimpy knee, she ended up getting a PR!!

qotd:  not much, but we are going to take a drive up the coast and have dinner at a little Italian place that has a terrific view. The pasta isn't too bad either.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL