Trailer Trash

Leadville 100 RR...A bit Long, But It's 100 Miles... (Read 61 times)

Occasional Runner

I'm not sure if I'm envious or jealous of your running adventures, either way you

are one lucky dude to be able to do what you do.

You've come a long way from a 33 min. 5K. Awesome job, Kelly, thanks for the report.

Thanks, Jon! I appreciate it.

Will run for scenery.

I've only been running for a little over 3 years. I forget that sometimes too.

Wow, now that is impressive !

Great report, and congrats on your excellent run !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, Kelly, way to go! Good job on recovering after the fall, I hope your knee is healing up soon.

Thanks for the report, it gives a lot of insight into the race, and the pacing and crewing!

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Kelly, 3 for 3 at LT100 ain't to shabby.

Great run and great report.  I agree that everyone rightly talks about Hope Pass and the return up Powerline, but when I was outbound going down toward Twin Lakes I kept thinking to myself, "THIS is gonna suck coming back" ... and it did.

it was great seeing you and Leon as I was going down the back of Hope.  Thanks for the encouragement out there.

Also nice to see you and Jo at the SD, I guess I need to work on my beer endurance. LOL.

One more thought......, Hardrock qualifier - done.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Low_O2

Nice job and thanks for sharing another great RR! Bummer that you missed your goal, but I think that is what keeps us going back for more. It seems that no matter how prepared we think we are, you never know how it will play out on race day.

I heard there were some overcrowding issues due to the large number of runners. Did you have any issues related to that or wasn't it too bad? I've been toying with the idea of running this race someday and was wondering if it is becoming too big for its own good. How soon after starting running did you jump into your first 100 miler?

RabbitChaser

Great job, Kelly! It's made even more amazing by it being your 3rd LT100 finish and you've only been running for a little over 3 years. That's a great accomplishment! Congratulations.

Occasional Runner

Nice job and thanks for sharing another great RR! Bummer that you missed your goal, but I think that is what keeps us going back for more. It seems that no matter how prepared we think we are, you never know how it will play out on race day.

I heard there were some overcrowding issues due to the large number of runners. Did you have any issues related to that or wasn't it too bad? I've been toying with the idea of running this race someday and was wondering if it is becoming too big for its own good. How soon after starting running did you jump into your first 100 miler?

It was overcrowded, but compared to the problems of other races, I just took it as an annoyance and I dealt with it. There's a LOT of noise about the crowding, so I guess we'll see how that plays out. There was an equal amount of noise last year when people were angered by the new trail going into Winfield. They fixed it. I hope they do the same about the race field cap.

I ran Leadville as my first 100 miler in 2011, a little more that a year after I started running.

LB2

Good report. Congrats again.

LB2

LB2

One more thought......, Hardrock qualifier - done.

Hmmmmm.

LB2

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Just a quick note to say congratulations, and thanks for providing such great reports all the time. Hearing about the struggles and how you have pulled through helps me to do the same, even if it is only for only half the distance at half the pace..Any photos of scenery without runners wind up in my evergrowing wallpaper collection.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks for the report  it's hard for me to fathom running 100 miles, let alone 100 miles over an extremely challenging course-my hats off to you and all the Leadville finishers (and pacers)- a wonderful feat that only handful of folks could accomplish

I'm sure the fourth time will be the charm!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

Congrats on a well run race, even if you didn't make your time goal. Hope that knee feels better!