Friday (Read 36 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice pictures Chnuair.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Making my appearance again after a few days MIA due to illness (/draws hat and bows/). OMG, I never realized how disabling a long-drawn-out stomach flu can be. I'm glad this is over (knock on wood).

I did a nice short night run last night with my running buddy, there were flurries in the air and some snow on the ground, and it was wonderful. It seems strange to me how familiar night running on trails is to me now, after all that training for the 100-miler, and the race through the night. Only my knee is acting up, it started hurting after just 2 miles in, and I might have to get this one checked out by my doctor soon. No point in having to take two or three days rest after just one short run.

I have not lost much of my fitness during my forced hiatus from running, which is good, but with the knee injury, this might turn ugly quickly. I hope it isn't anything serious.

DD hurt her knee yesterday when she crashed into the stage during a dance, and she's on crutches now. Fun thing is, it's also the left knee, so the two of us look hilarious when we hobble along side by side. DH got a good laugh out of that one yesterday, when I came back from my night run. Evil

Obviously I'm not running the Stone Mill 50, but the RA Team ("Wegmans Team") will be running it. I am so proud of Jamezilla, jbram, skeene, and boyjame. Go runners!

QOTD: I seem to be totally incapable of using and following a training plan. I have never used one for any race. I just run, and it seems to do the job. Wink

Run for fun.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

7.1 miles on tired legs. I've avoided the trails since the leaves began falling in earnest. I don't want to risk a sprained ankle or worse. It's risky enough with some of the sparsely traveled paths leaf covered and hiding walnuts and other hazards.

QOTD: I followed a program for several months when I first began running in 1968. This is the first year since then that I've had any sort of plan to follow in training for a race. I made mid-week and even mid-workout decisions to deviate from the plan based on how a workout was progressing or disintegrating. My coach then adjusted the plan based on how I responded to the planned workouts.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

Erratically or sporadically posting as of late. I have been more of a lurker. Today was a day off from running though I did weights this morning and will hop on the elliptical after supper with the last of my Allagash whites within arms reach, gotta stay hydrated, don't cha know. Yesterday I was out running trail intervals as the sun was rising. I find that an awesome time to be out running but not so much for trying to run fast.

Mandy--Ah yeah it was cold and you don't have a very short commute. I think you are tough as gristle.

Longbeard--My god man, you're QOTD's are always so serious! Smile I like questions about cookies or pie, miracle whip, etc.

QOTD--A rigid training plan is obsolete even before the ink dries for me. I run by a general outline of meshing speed, distance, hills, rest, etc. No major buildups or tapers for me with the exception of increasing the long run leading up to a 50k. But since I don't do that nonsense anymore my outline while still basically the same is pretty relaxed.

Chnaiur

Glad you're OK Couch! Your limping story reminds me of a time in when I was in the military and had sprained my ankle pretty bad. I was leading a column of about 15 soldiers from one building to the next, and noticed the people we met smiled more than usual. I looked around, and all the guys behind me had fallen into lock-step with my limping pace. Still makes me smile...

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening, went very well I might add Smile

qotd: pretty loosely, I try to hit the target long run and usually stay somewhat close in the midweek stuff, but it definitely varies due to schedule, weather, etc

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy--I think you are tough as gristle.

I will take that as the ultimate compliment.  Although mostly I think I'm just a moron.

Running is dumb.