Trailer Trash

Sweltering Wednesdaily (Read 32 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9 miles in the sun, the middle four on snow and ice again. At least this time, I had my spikes with me! 

The rest was dry patches alternating with mud puddles and rocks. It was fun, despite the wind.

AT: I am fighting hard the urge to document my injuries - but no gory pictures this time! 

Nancy: I also can't stomach too much "empty" babbling in a book. I rarely quit a book, I have put away a few German "classic" (read: MUST have read) novels, which seemed just outdated and very boring to me.

Jamie: At first, I read: "Get your bumps and bruises IN..."  Would not surprise me to hear that one, too. I'm always a good candidate for spectacular falls and slippery slides. 

QOTD: Nothing right now, but I might start some of the "Discworld" series books by Terry Pratchett. Not sure what to expect, but it's time again for some Sci-Fi for me.

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

5 miles on the beach today. The scenery was outstanding also.  Oh, there is also some sun, ocean, and sand, but...  Legs felt a lot more lively today also, scenery and liveliness, could be a correlation. Maybe. Now relaxing with a cold one before we head out for a bite and a cold one.

QOTD--William Kent Krueger's series on the adventures of Cork. Set in a Northern Mn. town. Real good stuff.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Evening Trailers.  Got a 5.5 miles in after work, stuck w/ the park again as it rained again last night (more snow in the mtns )

qotd: my idle time has been spent pouring over maps of the Bob Marshal, trying to find a suitable route and several alternatives knowing there is going to still be a lot of snow come May (also some very tough river fords)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Thanks moonlight. I had a nice birthday all things considered. A few calls and Skypes from the Family.

Looking forward to the wilds of Japan at the UTMF.

Sandy: That would have scared me, too. Way to go for Mt. Fuji!

FTYC, Here's photo I took of the "snake" the next day, it was quite alarming in the dim pre-dawn light and for a split second after rounding the curve. LOL !!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Happy Birthday, Sandy!

The "snake" looks like a huge python, or an anaconda. That would probably get my pace to 4-minute miles!

At a creek where I frequently run in the night, they have sandbags set out to prevent flooding. These sandbags look like huge anacondas (I watched the show with Jeremy Wade, when he was expected by locals to remove an anaconda from their soccer field), and I sometimes try to imagine the size of a fully grown anaconda, and what it would look and feel like to encounter one. Good thing I can be sure there's not a real anaconda at that creek!

Run for fun.

Watoni

Ouch couch!

Love the snake pic Wink

I got in a nice 1:15 ride before my school foundation board meeting.

QOTD: still finishing up my German book on the summer of 1913 by Florian Illies, which is a wonderful political and cultural montage.