Trailer Trash

Moody Mondaily (Read 36 times)

moonlightrunner

I just went on an awesome run in knee deep, powdery fresh snow! Well there was some trudging and hiking along with running. It was fun AND beautiful. I just wish I could have taken a picture to share.

Bad mood all gone!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

I just went on an awesome run in knee deep, powdery fresh snow! Well there was some trudging and hiking along with running. It was fun AND beautiful. I just wish I could have taken a picture to share.

Bad mood all gone!

YAY !!! 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Overslept, so went out for lunch; sunny and 40*F, 5.7 miles across the farm and down to the train tracks and back along the jogging path. Wore screwshoes to keep traction in the icy spots, but that didn't help when I went off track in the farm and slipped in a snow filled rut and fell. the snow cushioned my fall so only got a minor scrape. 10.11, 9.50, 9.03, 9.24, 9.21, (.7 @ 9.29 pace)

Moony:  Lol at the remarkkable change in attitude.

"Snow SUCKS" to "Awesome, knee deep, powdery fresh snow!"

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

TripleBock

This morning was high of day at -7F, been dropping and getting windy since.  It is to warm up to low 20s on Saturday for the trail 50k.

Weak and Worthless like usual and ran 7.25 on TM this AM, I was tired from Sat 32 mile Treadmill and Sun 17 mile treadmill runs, so I skipped the lunch run.  It is racquetball night, so that was probably best - I got a 45 minute nap in at lunch instead.

I do not feel much like traveling right now eaither, but if I had to pick I would either go to AZ to visit my Dad or San Diego to visit my sister both whom I get to see once per year.  Usually my sister and I find a marathon to do together each year since 2008, but we have not picked anything for 2014 yet.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

jonferg67

Endless trails

Woah, LB2, we don't have time to read your long posts! Maybe you could

just get to the point.

SRD for me. I tweaked my back yesterday, can't bend over, probably need a

day or two off. I have a chiropractor appt on Weds.

Nice pics AT, I remember those days. If we think we have cold conditions on the

trails it's a bit worse with the freezing sea spray coming over the bow. Good times!

QOTD: Italy.

Watoni

Lunchtime bike ride to Skyline Boulevard up Kings Mountain Road ... enjoying ditching the computer and just riding.

I cannot complain about the weather, only about bring somewhat under the weather lately and somewhat injured ... hoping to do a short run with the boys later.

QOTD: The boys want to go where there is snow (yes, ironic given most folks' weather here), so they are pitching CO

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

Internet working sporadically again, so I'll try for a post now.

6 miles in deep, powdery snow this afternoon, in balmy 18 degrees with lots of wind and bright sunshine. It was wonderful.

jbyram: Where are you with 40 degrees???

It's supposed to get much colder the next few days, so I wanted to get a nice run in. Only on the way back, I slipped and my foot landed in the creek. Not a good thing if you still have 2.5 miles in deep snow ahead of you. Needless to say, by the time I got to my car, my foot was an ice clump. But, frostbite did not get me, my foot thawed and is fine now. Phew! Might be the time to wish for some smartwool sox from Valentine.

On a side note, I am totally frustrated with logging my runs on mapmyrun. The roads are totally off (compare Topo vs. map vs. satellite images), and so is the elevation. The difference between my printed map and the mapmyrun is 200ft sometimes in altitude, so for a longer run, the total elevation gain (actual, estimated based on my printed map vs. computed) can differ by more than 1,000 ft. I might change now to a different system - suggestions which system is more accurate (in maps, as well as computed total elevation gain)?

Chnaiur: Skiing in Japan is one big adventure. It is not so much different from skiing in America, with the snow being similar (dry and fluffy, not wet and heavy as in Europe most of the time), and similar rules, but a lot different from skiing in the Alps. I loved it!

QOTD: Hawaii, or New Zealand. Both feature nice mountains, but a nice, warm climate when you want it, so you can choose.

Run for fun.

Ultra Cowboy

Did the evening easy run for 4.5 miles on the country road just after sunset.  These "day after the 'long run'  runs are getting easier and seem to help me recover better.

QOTD

I like the idea of a Southern Hemisphere destination.  NZ or AUS would be a nice new experience.

WYBMADIITY

Save