Trailer Trash

Super Sundaily (Read 32 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

It is a quiet day here....not snowing for the moment. Nice for a change. Yesterday's run was 3 miles of postholing through knee deep snow. Kudos to those who do much more in similar conditions. Today I am considering a road run just for a change.

Ftyc: read yesterday's post...hope your DH is doing better. Did they have to admit him?

Qotd: Are you planning on watching the Super Bowl? Go Broncos! What is your favorite snack food for such an occasion? Nothing comes to mind. I'm hoping you all have some good ideas.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

The pooch and I had a nice 4 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD: Yes.  Nachos maybe.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

I woke up feeling good after my 14 yesterday, heading out now for an easy 8-10. Gotta

take advantage of the nice weather, supposed to reach 50° today.

QOTD: No Super Bowl, we're going to the movies. I'm a little disappointed to miss the

Puppy Bowl.

runtraildc

Morning!  Just got back from a 5 mile low key race with the local running club.  Hilly route and I pushed myself harder than I would have on my own, so although it was on roads, it was a good run.

qotd:  No, maybe I'll catch up on  Downton Abbey, instead .  With popcorn, of course.

East coasters-- enjoy the great weather today, snow tomorrow!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I got in 9.1 road miles yesterday and will probably do 5-6 today.  Chilly, but sunny here.

QOTD: GO SEAHAWKS!  (Gotta root for my Wisconsin alum.)  I'm making soft pretzels to take to a friends house.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am going to run something today...still in freezing Michigan but looks like it's warmed up to 20 degrees.

QOTD:  Yes...Dad is making chili.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Getting a slow start this morning because we were up late with friends last night. I'm sluggish and a bit hungover. We're going for a trail run and will take some time to hunt for sheds behind the house. A buddy of mine picked up 4 nice ones the other day.

QOTD: We're having a small party here today. We just got a big crockpot of vegetarian chili started. Aside from that, I don't have a favorite food or snack for the Super Bowl.

Chnaiur

I think I'm finally shaking a stomach virus. Lost 7 lb over the last three days.

Also just learned that wife has to be in Europe for work during Way Too Cool. So my spring plans aren't exactly on track for training or racing. On the upside though, not doing WTC would make it easier to fit an extra long run before my April race.

QOTD: Nope.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Happy Groundhog Day! I got up in the morning today to watch the ceremony with Punxsatawney Phil on TV, and it was fun. 6 more weeks of winter, though, but Phil has been wrong before, so I'm in good spirits. Getting ready to head out for a few miles, probably on the bike path. Yesterday's rest day left me, well, well rested, and I'm happy to get out despite the drizzle. AT: DH spent two days in the hospital, and he's going to be discharged tomorrow. He's fine, has not lost much blood, did not need any surgery or transfusions, it was just painful with a haematoma in the groin. What I am dreading over the next few days is his tendency to celebrate his handicaps, and I'm really not good with that. I focus on getting back on track and being fit again, whereas he focuses on him not being able to do everyday tasks and not getting better. Different mindsets, I guess. QOTD: No. Probably play with the kids instead, as DH is not around to watch the game with them.

Run for fun.

muppy

Got in six snowy hilly trail miles.

QOTD I have two beef briskets smoking right now for the Super Bowl!

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I did 14 on a rail train near Shippensburg, PA.  Trail was lightly covered with snow and it was nice to have a flat run for a change.

Amish sighting.  Either coming home from church or heading to Bud Bowl; not quite sure.

jonferg - glad you are doing better.

Couch - mindset is the most important thing to recovery.  Hope he recovers quickly.

QOTD:  Party at our house for about 25 people.  DW is making "top your own" potato bar, and friends are bringing  all the assorted dips and deserts.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Two straight days of unscheduled rest. It seems like I've come down with the stomach bug. Yesterday was not very nice and last evening was horrible. So while I was trying to work on a major homework assignment I was alternately freezing then sweating, right now I'm shivering again. Damn I hate being sick .

QOTD: No. Any type of junk food.

Ultra Cowboy

Had a poor quality 7 mile trail run.  At least it rained a half inch..

WYBMADIITY

Save