Trailer Trash

Mondaily (Read 31 times)

LB2

I got 5 in the rain, easy. My legs were a little dead from the last couple of runs but still felt okay.

QOTD: Are you very good at predicting your race times?

I have predicted a 100 mile race to within 6 minutes, which I think is pretty good. I really did a lot of homework on that course, though. I am not very good at predicting other distances. I really screw up the 50K predictions. But I am much better than the predictor on Ultrasignup. I am somewhat clueless on this next 100; I have no idea. I think it can be faster than the other two I have done if I just run smart.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Heat wave coming back next few days.  No run scheduled today.

Congratulations to the COTW finishers. 9+ hours for a marathon - wowser, what a brutally awesome course.

QOTD:  I'm pretty good at picking 2 times based on good day and not so good day.  I've run 4 races with DW as her "moving crew", so Ultrasignup has no idea what to do with me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Good morning all... heat wave here too just like AT but heck it's summer. A few updates from this weekend. Saturday, beat the heat and started early for a 3 hour wandering run at French Creek State park. A nice hilly tour of the park. About 16 miles I suppose. Yesterday, started a bit late (9am) but it wasn't too bad yet and had a nice spiffy quick 7 miler out at Coventry Woods. Sometimes I can tell when my pace is good as the Lady is not doing so much wandering. Tonight, I believe we will head over to HayCreek/Birdsboro watershed trails for 7-8 miles. I misplaced my dog's leash over there and we'll see if we can find it. I like that leash as it's a small one (3-4') and good to take along for running as I can practically put it in my pocket.

QOTD: Road races I was like a metronome. Trail races are hard but I generally have a pretty good idea. I've only done a few hundreds and was pretty decent about getting the hour right except at Superior where ankle swelling put my race in the tank at the end. Laurel Highlands, I gave my crew section splits and while I was 8-13 minutes off (the wrong way!) the first two sections, the next 2 were within 1-2 minute accuracy. I have a lot of experience there plus data to back up my estimates though.

LB2 - rainy run sounds good right now.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run today but I will hit the gym tonight.

QOTD: I like the process of trying to predict my time on a new course but I cannot say I have been very good at it.  I try to have an "A" goal time, "B" goal time, and "C" goal time.  Normally I am between B and C.  I am confused by the whole ultra sign-up predictor.  I suppose it makes for interesting conversation but not so accurate it seems.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Back from work and getting ready for a few heat miles. Yay! 

I spent the rest of my day at the pool yesterday and met the RD of the Tussey Mountainback there. Needless to say, now I'm considering running the ultra again. 

LB: Rain??   I hope those clouds will not come our way here!

QOTD: Good for road races, and fairly good for trail races, where I usually estimate a longer time than I actually get then. Unless something comes in between, like failing knees or a painful groin. But, that leaves some room for improvement, so I have a good excuse to do some races again!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I spent the rest of my day at the pool yesterday and met the RD of the Tussey Mountainback there. Needless to say, now I'm considering running the ultra again. 

I thought you were putting together a relay team for that?

You should visit DH's family in November and run Stone Mill.  Just sayin'  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Just got home from work, got out 2 hours late and have to go back in tonight. Doubt I'll get a run in. If I do I will only be my short 4.5 mile loop.

QOTD: Not really. My last race I beat Ultrasignup by a hour but was a hour slower than I wanted to be. The biggest problem is that I have no idea how my GI tract will react on any given day.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I committed  myself to 5 miles on the trails behind the old  mental hospital here in Traverse City Mi ....get it "committed"

qotd:  not trails unless I ran them before and usually just try to beat the last time...

While you guys were answering the QOTD on Sunday I was competing in multiple swim races with a 10 year old.  She won all of them except for the race where you do the back stroke while your legs dangle over a noodle...kicked her arse!!!!!   Also talked her into going down the slide on her back fir the first time  I love the water and am a pretty fair swimmer ...raced as a child.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

6.3 miles at 4:30 in the morning to try to beat the heat.

QOTD I'm not to good I predicting times. Like Jamie said I have an A, B and C goal with C being to have fun and finish.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

We're finally getting a cool day- high around 70, so will get a rare afternoon run in- 5-ish miles

qotd: I'd say fair, I'm usually over optimistic on my predictions- wishful thinking 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

Rest day. Needed it cleaned out garage.

QOTD   It is hard to guess times in the mountains even on the roads. That is why I hate it when they change the course.

I can run anywhere from a 42 to a 50 10k and win AG on the roads.

In the Blue Ridge Relay you have to estimate your time. They have a staggerd start so you all get to Asheville NC near the same time.

You can be penalized for guessing the wrong time.

I ran with a team of flatlanders  and they placed us to far farward.  We were soon in first place and held it till leg 31 out of 36 legs.

We were the first ones to the Porta Potty almost the whole race!!!

Watoni

SRD -- weekend at mom's, some progression on the running front. Had chiro today and got worked over.

Family is back from Argentina so I can give my bride her BD present!

QOTD: Not really

Sandy-2

Taking b2b SRDs Mon and Tues.  It feels great !!!!

qotd: I'm pretty good unless mountains and altitude are involved, then all bets are off.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 technical miles with DD toward the setting sun. Beautiful.

Until I stepped into a big pile of doggy-doo right before I got into my car... 

The smell made me aware of the situation, and fortunately there's a little creek right there, so I was able to wash it off right away. Gross, but at least it's gone now.

A minute ago, wildlife came knocking on our sliding door to the back yard. A porcupine is scrambling around on our patio, looking for food, and it literally knocked on the door. Then it climbed into a wicker basket that we have there for all kinds of things, we could easily have caught it. But then, what would we do with it?

So I just had the kids watch it for a while. I hope it won't run onto the road behind our house.

Run for fun.

runtraildc

You should visit DH's family in November and run Stone Mill.  Just sayin'  

Agreed!  We'll be likely helping at an aid station.  got in a few trail miles this am at 8,000 feet.  This flatlander is getting her butt kicked