Trailer Trash

Ginger chews (Read 38 times)

I've read that ginger can be used to settle an upset stomach.  And in many ultras, indeed, ginger ale has helped my stomach feel a little better.  I've also heard about people using Ginger Chews for upset stomach.  Is this a hard or soft candy?  Seems like there are a lot of different kinds.  And wonder if it might be something to keep in the ultra box just in case.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

There are ginger chews (chewy, soft) and ginger candy (hard, need to suck on Blush).  I personally prefer the chews over the candies.  They seem to work quite well.

Running is dumb.

The trail mix I use most of the time has some ginger in it - like a chew or piece of dried fruit.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
        FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I use candied ginger (I buy it in bulk at the nature store), or sometimes a packet of ginger instant tea (from the "Far East Market" store), which contains ginger powder. The granules of the instant tea are easy to chew and swallow, and I use it like a gel.

Run for fun.

Thanks for the suggestions!

AT-runner

Tim

I have ginger pills in my little baggie during log runs and races.  Quiets an upset stomach pretty quickly.  I always feel like the trail drug dealer when I open my baggie with white (s-caps) and brown (ginger) pills.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I use the Gin Gins like Mandy posted. They work well, most of the time. I have only had one day where I couldn't get anything to quell nausea. I wouldn't start a race without them.

LB2

I have some on order.