Trailer Trash

How about a Humpdaily? (Read 33 times)

DigDug2

5 this morning on the TM at a hotel in Toronto.  No great outdoor running options apparent, so I just got in a quick indoor run before meetings.  Bleah.

QOTD:  17:47 road 5K, two weeks ago on my 45th birthday.  (Probably ran a little faster in high school cross country, but like blargendarg I was somewhat "training allergic" and never gave it a good effort.)  I like racing 5Ks - they can really hurt, but they're over pretty quickly and there's very little recovery necessary.

slosh

Cooled off to mid 80s so did 9.  It was a LOT better than my run on Monday where the heat index was 113.

qotd: 21 something back in 2007. That was my 2nd and final 5k.  A 5k sounds like 20ish mins of pain to me now.

Sandy-2

Talking about the title of this....   that's kind of a personal question isn't it ????

Anyway, planning to do 5 miles after work today.

qotd:  20:51 road, did it about 13 years ago.  I probably haven't done a 5k since then.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Gator eye

Good for you!!!  Don't you do physical work at work?  That's gotta be hard.

I do but luckily in a position where I can pick and chose.

NorthernHarrier

A little late but I was in the mountains for 5 days carrying a house on my back. Sitting in a little dive pizza place in an unknown town in Idaho sipping, okay guzzling Blue Moons   and catching up on life at RA. Chiming in because of the QOTD.

QOTD--Back in a former life the 5k was it for me, 17-18 minutes of gut wrenching pain pushing and carrying a pace way above redline. Playing mind games like if it hurts this bad at this pace it can't possibly hurt more if I apply more pressure.  DNA and genetics were at work for me as despite my singular focus, my intense track workouts, and embracing of the pain the best I could do was 17:20. Same as AT, still pretty quick and good for a lot of hardware at smaller races but nothing special.  I will hit a new age bracket in a few months and am very tempted to focus on some of those again. I loved that distance. Of course reality also sets in and I think I should line up a cardiologist.

some call me Tim

A little late but I was in the mountains for 5 days carrying a house on my back. Sitting in a little dive pizza place in an unknown town in Idaho sipping, okay guzzling Blue Moons   and catching up on life at RA. Chiming in because of the QOTD.

QOTD--Back in a former life the 5k was it for me, 17-18 minutes of gut wrenching pain pushing and carrying a pace way above redline. Playing mind games like if it hurts this bad at this pace it can't possibly hurt more if I apply more pressure.  DNA and genetics were at work for me as despite my singular focus, my intense track workouts, and embracing of the pain the best I could do was 17:20. Same as AT, still pretty quick and good for a lot of hardware at smaller races but nothing special.  I will hit a new age bracket in a few months and am very tempted to focus on some of those again. I loved that distance. Of course reality also sets in and I think I should line up a cardiologist.

That's pretty cool... funny how you can't often tell who used to be a middle distance nut. The way you describe the feeling really resonates with me. And if you love the distance, I say DO IT. Line up a sneak off race and go get you some hardware!