Trailer Trash

Breezy & Sunny Thursday (Read 36 times)

runtraildc

Windy here, with all the messy weather further north.  The upside is that it is also sunny!  Still figuring out today-- some appointments that are getting in the way of a run.  Most likely,  I may end up with a few miles later, running to/from my kiddo's ski club meeting.

qotd:  Ever fit errands into your running?  It doesn't work so well with trail runs, but I needed to stop at the drug store the other night and just incorporated it into my neighborhood loop.  My purchases all fit into my pockets (though I looked either pregnant or beer bellied)  and I continued on my way.  Tonight I might do something similar as I have a meeting that will fit nicely into a run.

NorthernHarrier

Just finished my 10k road loop working on a little tempo in the dark. Felt good but I have a lot of work to do. A ways to go yet. So crunch time for me in trying to decide about Ice Age vs. Poto trail marathon vs. just saving the money and running long solo runs when and where I want. So I guess Sat. I will head over to the Kettles and do at least the opening half marathon of Ice Age. Maybe that will help me decide. Sunday is entry day for Ice Age, maybe just get entered and decide later if I really want to do it. Just rambling thoughts, don't mind me. 

QOTD--About the only thing that comes to mind is a few times having my car worked on and running to and from the shop. Have used my bike for that too.

XtremeTaper

Proper snowfall here today. Maybe an inch tops and picture postcard like. It looks like a good day for a long lunch and 7 miles in the woods with the dog. So that is the plan for later.

QOTD: I've done the car drop/pickup thing before. It's about a 5-6 mile run one way to the shop. Sometimes will run a loop while it was being serviced if it was just routine stuff. When we had the VW that was the best as I could hit the trails of Blue Marsh after a 2 mile road run. The Ford place is a mile or two from the HS track if I am so inclined (I haven't been lately). Let's see... sure I've run to the bank before but that's about it.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sunday is entry day for Ice Age, maybe just get entered and decide later if I really want to do it. Just rambling thoughts, don't mind me. 

Why would you pay to run on the Nordic trails??  (Just quoting you!! )  I debated about registering for the HM, but I decided that I would rather just do my own run out there (maybe "accidentally" run a loop with wcrunner during his 50K) and visit with friends post-race.

After 3 days of rest and re-lacing my shoes in some funky way that's supposed to alleviate pressure on the tops of your feet, I am ready to run after work.

QOTD: I am more apt to fit errands into my bike rides/bike commutes, but I've done it on foot before.  Usually to the drug store.  Actually, we have a fancy cheese shop not far from me that I keep meaning to swing by during a run...

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Why would you pay to run on the Nordic trails??  (Just quoting you!! )  

Had a feeling that would come back at me.   And that is part of the decision. Yuch! But the timing, convenience, etc. might make it a little more palatable. So Saturday I'll run a little on the Nordic on my way to and from the single track and see if I think I can handle it. I know, I know, just way too much drama!

hog4life

Last night's planned 8-9 was a suck fest. I made it 1/2 mile and was sucking wind, and painful wind at that, so I stopped. Dam vendor at work brought in BBQ, and I ate way too much, heck, ate enough for 3 days. I am volunteering at our local marathon this weekend, and have to pick up some equipment this evening, so don't know if I'll have time to run, we'll see.

QOTD; yes, but it was on my bike.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing and I never ran yesterday either...we are suppose to get 5 inches of rain and high winds.  Maybe I can jump on the TM tonight without Earl going crazy.

QOTD:  Nope..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

6 in this  before work. It was cold, I'm ready for summer

QOTD: I have done a little scouting for deer season that's pretty much it.

Watoni

Lots of rain here ... flash flood warning so they closed the schools ..... hope for a few mud miles if the boys let me

QOTD: Yes, I often do a five mile loop and carry some groceries home the last mile or so

The weather has been awful here. Today mostly snow flurries which is better than the freezing rain in my opinion! I have a bunch of errands to run after work, but the kind that require a car and groceries, unfortunately. Maybe I'll run when I get back but it's looking doubtful at this point.

QOTD: I always run errands while running! Go to the bank, pick up a prescription, get a small amount of groceries etc. On Monday, I picked up our small Christmas tree at the end of my run but unfortunately I couldn't actually run home with it so I walked. The best part of living in a city is that running is often my main form of transportation.

LB2

I ran a nice 5 last night, but I didn't get out today. This holiday season is already taking a toll on my mileage. December will be lucky to see 100 miles.

QOTD: Not really. I have dropped a deposit in the night deposit at the bank when I lived in town, but unless I am burying money in the woods as a deposit, it ain't gonna happen out here, which is fine by me.

LB2

My Big Toe

New here. Trying to get my mojo back after a tough year trying to recover from bunion surgery. Big goals for next year, but for today...5 miles solo along the majestic Olentangy River in Columbus, Ohio.

QOTD: Nope, but would not mind giving it a try sometime! Provided I can be assured the hellish traffic out here in suburbia won't smoosh me.

runtraildc

Welcome, My Big Toe!  It's great to have some new voices here.  And  welcome back to running aftyer your surgery.  I've seen (and run a little) in Columbus.  It's a beautiful area.

Sandy-2

Hey Gang, I'm still here just really busy this week.  I haven't even run in 4 days, but I plan to get out and do 5 or 6 after work today (Friday).  Actually the mini-break feels pretty good.

qotd: back in the states and living in the burbs I did the car service thing a few times.  Over here living in the city, I have dropped off/picked up stuff from the dry cleaner across the street from the apartment on the way out or back from a run.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

hog4life

10.4 with a lot of praying for my FIL.