Trailer Trash

Sunny Saturdaily! (Read 33 times)

Occasional Runner

I just got back from 7 easy miles in the Wasatch. It's a stunning morning to be on the trails. Headed to the airport soon for our race tonight.

QOTD: Where do you hear about the races that you register for? An online race calendar? Word of mouth? Flyers?

I hear about a lot of races through other runners and I study tons of race reports before deciding what I want to run. But there are a lot of really good race calendars out there that work if you want some more obscure events.

The pooch and I had a nice 6 mile trail run this morning.  No rain on us but the trails were still quite wet.

QOTD: I am not doing races much these days, but when I do it is online or word of mouth.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Slightly under 13 miles around the local greenbelt.  There is some trail mixed in but mostly pavement.  I cut the greenbelt off a bit and cut through a city street.  More ups and down due to the crazy sidewalk than I get on some trails.  I was out early so when I got back to the parking area, there were dozens of "real runners" (sorry for the sarchasm)

Oh and I had a barefoot sighting!

Good luck Kelly.  Stay cool.

QOTD: Internet mostly.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm riding my bike over to my parent's house to help mow the lawn and do some stuff around the house.  My dad broke his clavicle in a cycling accident earlier this week.  Ouch.

Also, for those of you not on Facebook, I'm all fucked up again.  Same stuff, different day.  No running, back to the doctor for me.

QOTD: For the first time ever, I googled "mountain bike races wisconsin" the other day.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

QOTD: For the first time ever, I googled "mountain bike races wisconsin" the other day.

Did you come up with anything? It looks like I'm in WI for the next 3 months or so and home on weekends. I'll be staying north of EC. Trail advice would be appreciated.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

11 trail miles through lots of standing water, puddles, and places where the lake had risen to cover the trail. 68*F and sunny, and every low hanging branch was full of raindrops waiting to jump on board the Jody express.

QOTD:  Almost always online.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am doing nothing and running 20 tomorrow in Tahoe.  It's going to be hot here over 100 and 90 in Tahoe tomorrow.

QOTD:  Internet searching and friends aka other runners.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Did you come up with anything? It looks like I'm in WI for the next 3 months or so and home on weekends. I'll be staying north of EC. Trail advice would be appreciated.

What city will you be in, Kelly?  The Ice Age Trail has some nice sections up there.  Deana can probably help you more than I can.

And yes, I did find some stuff.  But I don't think I'll fit in very well with the bike crowd.  I don't own a "kit" and my bike is a POS comparatively.  However, NorthernHarrier can attest that I'm not a total clod.  I didn't crash into him, at least.  Wink

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

I'll be staying in Chippewa Falls and working in Bloomer. Does that help?

Snowdenrun

Powered through 11+ miles yesterday. 9 of it kicked my ass. The last 2 felt great.

QOTD: I learn about races in the local paper, or from word of mouth. I don't actively search for races since that means getting on an airplane to get to a race that's not in my little town. If I'm headed out for town, say to Juneau for a weekend(which never happens) I'd probably check around to see if there was a race going on. 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Also, for those of you not on Facebook, I'm all fucked up again.  Same stuff, different day.  No running, back to the doctor for me.

Sorry to hear that Mandy.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sorry to hear that.  It is so frustrating to be on the disabled list.  I hope you can get past those problems.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm riding my bike over to my parent's house to help mow the lawn and do some stuff around the house.  My dad broke his clavicle in a cycling accident earlier this week.  Ouch.

That sucks, Mandy, we were all hopeful when you started the Graston therapy.  Good to hear that your still able to bike.

Low_O2

Sunny Saturday indeed, got pretty toasty the last part of my run.

Got in 18.6 miles with ~5000ft of gain today. Ran up the La Luz trail and along the Crest trail for a bit, then back down. Struggled on the initial climb, but surprisingly pulled out of the funk and finished feeling pretty good. Hammered the last 4 miles of the downhill and the knees felt solid, first time in a couple months I could do that without pain.

Lace - Good luck racing!

Mandy- Sorry to hear you're still having issues. I would say hit the mountain biking hard for a bit. Definitely jump in some races, I use to race mountain bike when I was younger and it was a blast! Don't worry about having the right "kit", I ignored that idea and was fine.

QOTD: Mostly the internet. I spend a ton of time reading about different races so usually have a pretty good idea of what the options are, at least in areas I would like to visit.

Occasional Runner

Man....I'm in the hotel room getting ready for my race and it's 108 degrees outside. Not a cloud in the sky and not a tree in sight to provide shade. I don't think I've ever run in this type of heat before. Drinking beer and spectating is sounding better by the minute.