Trailer Trash

Cedro Peak 45k RR (Read 26 times)

Low_O2

So after spending way to much time on it, I finally put together something that resembles a race report....

Short version is:

Ran the Cedro Peak 45k on Saturday outside of Tijeras, NM.

Got to meet dpc3 and yelled at him a few times along the course, nice guy!

Had a great time running some nice rocky singletrack trails on a beautiful spring day.

Finished in 4:10:XX , good enough for 2nd place overall.

If you are interested in more detail, you can find it here:

http://pursuitoftrailslesstraveled.blogspot.com/2013/04/cedro-peak-45k-race-report.html

This is my first attempt at a race report so I can't guarantee it will be worth your time, but I hope its tolerable.

dpc3

Great RR and congrats again on the strong finish. Maybe I'll get to yell at you one race, HA.

That's a really fast time for that course.  Those trails are ass-kickers.  Great race and report!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

First of all thanks for sharing.  It was a great read.  Why? Because I felt like I was pulling for you to win.  And since I will never know what it is like to be towards the front, it was nice to hear your account of that.  Truly speedy race.  Great job.  Sounds like things will only get better for you!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Low_O2

Thanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was a really fun race and I hoped to convey that in my write up.

boyjame - I wouldn't say you will never know what it's like to be near the front. That is what I always thought up until this race. The great thing about running is there will always be people slower than you and most likely faster than you as well, but at some point you could find yourself in a race where you are the on the fast side of the group. I don't expect to be at the front of the pack very often, but it sure is fun when it happens!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Thanks for the RR from the leader's perspective, great read! Congratulations on a great race and 2nd place overall!

Miraculous how you could pull off such a strong race with not much food or drink.

Your son is just one cutie!

Run for fun.

Low_O2

Thanks FTYC! I think my nutrition definitely hurt me towards the end. I experimented during training runs and found EFS liquid shot to work well, but never took in more than 400 cal worth. It just became too sweet after ~2 hrs during the race. I diluted it with water at the 3rd aid station and thought that would do it, but still couldn't stomach it.  Probably took in about 400-500 calories during the race but was planning for 800ish. Guess I need to continue my nutrition experiment.

Sandy-2

Sweet.  Congratulations on a great run.  Also great RR.  Thanks.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I really enjoyed this.  I found myself in the lead for the first 1.5 of a 5k and had the same..."crap what do I do?" feeling.  I can't begin to imagine what that was like for 20+.  Congrats on a strong showing and nice RR.

**Ask me about streaking**

Watoni

So after spending way to much time on it, I finally put together something that resembles a race report....

Short version is:

Ran the Cedro Peak 45k on Saturday outside of Tijeras, NM.

Got to meet dpc3 and yelled at him a few times along the course, nice guy!

Had a great time running some nice rocky singletrack trails on a beautiful spring day.

Finished in 4:10:XX , good enough for 2nd place overall.

If you are interested in more detail, you can find it here:

http://pursuitoftrailslesstraveled.blogspot.com/2013/04/cedro-peak-45k-race-report.html

This is my first attempt at a race report so I can't guarantee it will be worth your time, but I hope its tolerable.

Shorter version: Awesome job! Sounds like a great race.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

congrats- great race and great finish!  as I read through all these RR's I can see we have a lot of talented (fast) folks on this forum- hopefully some will rub off on me Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Ultra Cowboy

Great RR You are a speedy sucker!

Any Elk in that country?

WYBMADIITY

Save

LB2

Some that trail looked pretty gnarly. Congratulations.

LB2

Low_O2

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate you taking the time to read my RR and all the kind words.

Rocky- Don't think there are any elk in this area. Not too far North and South are quite a few elk, but never seen any in this area(I could be wrong though). There were however quite a few deer tracks on the trail that I saw on the way back to the finish.

SheCan

Great report from a leading perspective!  My heart is beating a little faster after reading it.  Beautiful pictures too.  Sounds like a super fun, challenging race.  Congratulations on 2nd overall---that is outstanding!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson