Trailer Trash

2015 Race Plans (Read 63 times)

Daydreamer1

2015 Tentative race schedule:

April 18th - Hyner 25k

May 3rd - Greenwood Furnace 1/2 marathon

August 15th - Call of the Wilds Marathon

September 20th - Dam Half/Full.  At this point I'm leaning toward the Full Marathon version.

Others that are, or were, in consideration:

Rothrock 30k - It's on my weekend to work, but I love this course so I may do it. Also depends if DS wants to join me.

Tussey MountainBack 50 M - Would like to do this but it's on my weekend to work unless my schedule changes

Tussey Teaser Series - Covers the MountainBack course in 6 stages. I work almost all the weekends they are scheduled .

Oil Creek 50 or 100k - Again it all depends if it on my weekend to work.

Green Monster 25/50k - Most likely the 25k version but depends on the date which they don't have listed yet.

Several others that I have to look into yet that I may try to work into the mix. I only did two races this past year and it wasn't enough.

Watoni

Hey, anybody run Cascade Crest? I am thinking this could be a good backup if I do not get into Wasatch ....

AT-runner

Tim

April - R2R2R

May -  Ironmaster 50k

May - Sole Challenge 24 Hr

September - Labor Pains 12 Hr

DW and I were talking about Laurel Highlands the other day.

Visit to see the oldest 2 kids in PNW sometime and will look to add a race when we visit.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Hey, anybody run Cascade Crest? I am thinking this could be a good backup if I do not get into Wasatch ....

Me!  What questions do you have?

As for me, the only definite I have is the Umstead 100 in March.  But I also put my name in for the Bigfoot 200 in August and will also be entering the Western States lottery.  I'll start filling in my race calendar once I know if I've gotten in to either (or both) of these.

Occasional Runner

I thought of you when I saw that question posted about the CC100 but I didn't realize you slipped to lurker status so I refrained from throwing your name out there.

I thought of you when I saw that question posted about the CC100 but I didn't realize you slipped to lurker status so I refrained from throwing your name out there.

Considering my summer of "The Big C" I really didn't feel like posting much.  But I'm getting back on the wagon!

Sandy-2

Considering my summer of "The Big C" I really didn't feel like posting much.  But I'm getting back on the wagon!

WTF !!!!????!!!!  I hope you are ok.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Watoni

As for me, the only definite I have is the Umstead 100 in March.  But I also put my name in for the Bigfoot 200 in August and will also be entering the Western States lottery.  I'll start filling in my race calendar once I know if I've gotten in to either (or both) of these.

Just wanted to get a sense of whether you thought it was good race (well organized, good trails, etc.). I hopefully have one late summer/early fall 100 in me and need to see what I can get into. Cascade Crest and Wasatch are lotteries, so it is hard to know whether to add the Bear or Leadville as alternatives ....

WTF !!!!????!!!!  I hope you are ok.

I am, thank goodness.  It was caught early due to a routine mammogram.  Had a lumpectomy on July 1 and then 6 1/2 weeks of radiation, which ended Sept. 26 (no chemo, fortunately).  Had to give up all my summer racing plans, but for all intents and purposes I'm now cancer free!

Just wanted to get a sense of whether you thought it was good race (well organized, good trails, etc.). I hopefully have one late summer/early fall 100 in me and need to see what I can get into. Cascade Crest and Wasatch are lotteries, so it is hard to know whether to add the Bear or Leadville as alternatives ....

It's an absolutely fabulous, well-organized race.  Tough, but incredibly scenic.  It has a mix of very runnable single track, some forest service roads, steep climbs/descents and some technical sections.  The really tough stuff starts just after mile 80 Smile  (There's a section called the "cardiac needles" that are very steep, albeit short).  I'm a co-captain of the mile 80 aid station (No Name), so if you run it I'll see you there!

Sandy-2

Had to give up all my summer racing plans, but for all intents and purposes I'm now cancer free!

That is really really great news!!!

(Sorry if I am late in sending this. I may have missed it earlier due to some far less serious distractions on my side.)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

moonlightrunner

So glad you are doing great! Your post may actually make me schedual that followup mammogram I've been putting off.

As for races...assuming I get my groove back:

Yankee Springs Winter Challenge January 3. I've entered the 50k but may stop to the marathon.

Dance With Dirt Gnaw Bone in May, but if the budget does not allow it, I will run the Michigan Trail Marathon in late April instead.

I have not looked ahead to summer yet.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

So glad you are doing great! Your post may actually make me schedual that followup mammogram I've been putting off.

Awesome!  I really do not think I would have caught it with a self breast exam (not that I had been doing them any way).

AT-runner

Tim

Awesome!  I really do not think I would have caught it with a self breast exam (not that I had been doing them any way).

Betsy, glad you are on the mend and cancer free. We've missed the Chef around here.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

That is really really great news!!!

(Sorry if I am late in sending this. I may have missed it earlier due to some far less serious distractions on my side.)

+1! Another thing for us to be thankful for around here Smile