Trailer Trash

RIP Pete Seeger (Read 34 times)

So sad to see him go. As a former resident of the Hudson Valley, I am especially proud of the work he did to start the movement to clean up the Hudson. As a folk music lover, I will miss seeing him perform at the Clearwater festival each year. As a trail runner, I always appreciated the environmental causes he stood for.  What an amazing musician and activist.

Sandy-2

TnC, you're too young to have listened to ....

Just kidding of course.

I couldn't agree with you more.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Had a chance to see Pete Seeger and Arlo Guthrie perform together many years ago.  They were singing a lot of Woody Guthrie's songs, including a great rendition of "This Land is Your Land".

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Had a chance to see Pete Seeger and Arlo Guthrie perform together many years ago.  They were singing a lot of Woody Guthrie's songs, including a great rendition of "This Land is Your Land".

I also was lucky enough to see them perform together in 2012 at Pete's Clearwater Festival in New York. What a truly moving experience!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I saw him perform at Penn's Landing about 30 years ago. He's been one of my favorites since the mid-60s. While really appreciating all he's done as an activist, I love his children's albums.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I love his children's albums.

I used to listen to "Abiyoyo" all the time when I was little!

Watoni

I love Pete Seeger's music and activism

Children's album:

Well, I love Nena signing traditional German children's songs .... mostly about going into the mountains ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WjNvS89954