Trailer Trash

Javelina Jundred RR...Only Beer Can Make it Better (Read 59 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's kinda scary to see it.  The look on some people's faces makes me second guess ever wanting to enter such an event.  I wonder about the neurological stuff going on when a runner is in this state.

Most people running a 100 mile race will lose some portion of their cognitive ability. A doctor may be able to determine the extent of the problem, but certainly not an aid station worker or a crew member. To put in the most basic terms, everybody looks like a total wreck.

Good job.  You are becoming (or have become) a machine! I am still scratching my head over why someone woud dress up for a 100 miler - especially one in such hot weather.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

It's kinda scary to see it.  The look on some people's faces makes me second guess ever wanting to enter such an event.  I wonder about the neurological stuff going on when a runner is in this state.

Good job.  You are becoming (or have become) a machine! I am still scratching my head over why someone woud dress up for a 100 miler - especially one in such hot weather.

Thanks, Jamie.

The majority of their issue is related to proper fueling. I stress this ALL the time and people just don't seem to want to focus on it. They're so mentally devastated because they're lacking proper nutrition. The entire thing is avoidable.

When I get ready to run 100 miles and my legs are in good shape, I know I've got it made. The only thing that can possible stop me is nutrition. Those are the two key elements in successfully finishing a 100 miler and most people never pay attention to one of them.

muppy

Back to back hundreds, and doing great in both, simply amazing!

So did the angry bird run on costume the whole time?

Occasional Runner

Back to back hundreds, and doing great in both, simply amazing!

So did the angry bird run on costume the whole time?

Thanks.

I don't know for 100% because I wasn't there for the entire race, but I saw a video post that I assumed was taken after the 2nd sunrise and he was still in costume.

mep5555

I know the angry bird, and he only ran the first lap in costume. He ended up being one of the many DNF's...

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Jamil Coury is fine...

oh great job Kelly...you're awesome and as always very impressive...especially back to back hundy's.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄