Trailer Trash

Time to Kill? My Podcast Interview... (Read 52 times)

Occasional Runner

If you have about 26 minutes to devote to listening to some ultra running Q&A, you can click the link below. I had a good time giving the interview.

http://www.gearthirty.com/blog/2013/12/20/kelly-agnew-gear-30-ultra-runner/

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Nice interview, Kelly; it was fun to listen to.  You have some Southern twang to your voice. 

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Nice interview, Kelly; it was fun to listen to.  You have some Southern twang to your voice. 

Thanks. A little bit of a southern accent. It gets pretty strong after a few beers.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Thanks, Kelly.  Great interview. Interesting that the beach photos  got you started.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Low_O2

Great Interview, thanks for sharing. Always nice to break up the boredom of work on a Friday afternoon with some running talk.

jonferg67

Endless trails

That was cool to listen to. Most of us here know your story but it was neat to hear

it from the begining. I can hear the sense of pride you have in both your start to

running up to and including your most recent accomplishment.  I thought you

were from Wash., were did you pick of that twang?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You have an incredible story there. I also like your advice to beginners to just spend time with other ultra runners. I found it helpful to go, watch, and help at an ultra before I actually ran my first, which gave me time to see and talk with runners at all stages of the race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Occasional Runner

I thought you were from Wash., were did you pick of that twang?

Thanks for listening. I am from Washington but I've always talked like that. My whole family came from the south originally, so I guess we just retained it.

charlesmoman

I saw photos of me at my 2nd daughter's wedding and that did it for me.

Since doing running - especially ultras the past 2 years, I really look different and I still have 10 pounds to go!

Occasional Runner

I saw photos of me at my 2nd daughter's wedding and that did it for me.

Since doing running - especially ultras the past 2 years, I really look different and I still have 10 pounds to go!

It's amazing to me how our minds don't allow us to see ourselves as we really are, or how the world sees us. Self awareness is a funny thing.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hey you sound like a nice guy!!!

i think I'm hot so a better ask my hubby to take a beach picture.

It was nice listening to you.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Hey you sound like a nice guy!!!

i think I'm hot so a better ask my hubby to take a beach picture.

It was nice listening to you.

I can be decent when I focus hard enough. Thanks for listening to it.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Saw this posted on FB the other day and had a listen.  Lots of great potential for a book title in there using the word "Fat".

Thanks for sharing.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Thanks, Jamie. I keep forgetting that you're on FB! You keep a pretty low profile.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Post the beach pic!

It was a good interview...went well with my 25 minutes on the bike.

**Ask me about streaking**