Trailer Trash

Your "last" run (Read 57 times)

NorthernHarrier

Well first things first Missy--that's a lot of drama for simple outpatient surgery!  Let me know when you are really hurt.

Secondly--I thought I was a local running bud; self-esteem took a real shot so that explains my first line.

Thirdly--I'm down in Tn. right now and some of my trails have this cold white stuff on them. So not sure how far you have to go to be tropical.

Lastly-- Not sure if you have run the IAT thru the Lodi Marsh. If not then you can do it with me just before you get that little out patient thing done, it's real pretty single track with nice hills, good views and would be 7.5 miles.  Certainly nothing too epic but pleasant anyhow.

Remember--cookies for beer!

Also remember to mark which labrum you're having fixed. LOL!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Secondly--I thought I was a local running bud; self-esteem took a real shot so that explains my first line.

Oh, please!  I said most!  You're included in the elite few of the locals. 

I have been out to Lodi -- you're right, that's a really nice section of trail!  Should probably head out there again sometime.  Besides, I want some beer!

Running is dumb.

Watoni

Is this pre-surgery run going to be a long run?

If so I would not mind traveling to do something special.

If not, I would do something local, unplugged, and purely for fun.

Good luck!

So at the end of the month, I will go for my "last" run.  What should I do?  What would you do for your last run?   Our snow cover is high and the trails are pretty crappy at the moment.

Before my colon surgery (yea, a bit different than yours) 4 yr ago, I went on a lot of runs on trails I hadn't been on recently or ones I particularly liked. We had somewhat decent snow that year, but between Dec when I found out I'd need surgery and early March when it occurred, that's all one can expect in Alaska. (well, except this year when we had a heat wave, rain, ice, etc). While they told me I'd be able to run afterwards, there's always a bit of doubt. So I just ran as if I wouldn't be able to run afterward. (As it turned out, I was gently jogging on some grass about 5 wks later and did a 10k 2 months later).

My surgeon also told me to keep running beforehand since the better shape I was in before surgery, the faster the recovery.

Keep your chin up and think positive thoughts.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog