Trailer Trash

Mundane mondailies (Read 47 times)

Watoni

Vacation, so getting in a few quick runs through the surf barefoot (!) on the beach a few times a day. Trying to get in about 5 miles a day total. Been succeeding so far.

I know the weather others are having, so I will refrain from describing the weather in Maui ... though it has been raining a bit

Squirrelypox

Morning all! No miles today -- I stayed home sick (*convincing cough - cough - scratchy throat sounds*), which I never do, so oh well. I want to tell you a great trail story!

A Trail Story

My necklace must have come off while I was on a trail last week. On the drive home, I noticed it was gone, and I found the chain in my bra, but not the diamond pendant. I don't really care about jewelry, but my mom gave me this for my 30th birthday and I wear it nearly every day. I re-ran the trail twice the next day, but of course couldn't find it. I put up a sign as a last-ditch effort, knowing full-well that it was gone for good. Well, the next day I got a call from a guy who said he and his son went out there to mountain bike and they saw my sign and decided to look for my pendant instead! And I'll be damned, they found it! This tiny little thing hidden in miles of dirt, tress, and leaves, and they found it. And they were honest enough to return it -- they could have hawked it for more than I make in a month. I still can't believe 2 strangers spent their time just trying to help me out. I love trail folks so hard.

QOTD: I didn't know they were different things?

Jamezilla: You need to turn it all off sometimes, and just feel the earth meet your body w/o all the cognitive interference.

Lace_up: Enjoy Moab! I'm so jealous.

dpc3: Happy gardening!

moonlightrunner:  Glad you're healing well.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Squirrelypox- nice story! Smile

what a change in weather!  yesterday low 60's and sunny, today highs in the mid 20's and 6" of new snow, we're headed out this afternoon and going to try and get 6 miles in- things are going to be wet, very wet

qotd: definitely mayo

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

squirrelypox:  What a great story!  That is sooooo wonderful that two total strangers should do that for you.  I can think of a few friends who would not do that!  What an awesome thing for that man to hand down to his son! That is such a nice story it kind of chokes me up a little.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Ultra Cowboy

Love the Story SP...

I'll rest up today and shoot my bow.  Walking back and forth from the target will loosen me up I think.

QOTD:  Miracle whip if available if not Mayo is fine.

WYBMADIITY

Save

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Late to the party, but checking in anyway.

9.5 miles on a technical trail, not much elevation change, but constantly rolling, and lots of rocks and difficult terrain. Fun in the sun, if only my legs hadn't been so sore!

Rolled my ankle slightly, nothing serious, but it won't help it heal up from the last roll, either. I guess some RICE is justified in the evening, after the kids are tucked it.

QOTD: Mayo, give me the real thing!

But I'm not too picky, as long as it's calories, I'll eat it. Big grin

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Hi Everyone,

SRD for me too today.  I did manage to get back here across the pond.  Here's a little snapshop, my hotel is the building on the left and that's the river Thames below (I'm about 10 miles west of downtown London).  Great running along the river and in Richmond park, which is nearby.  I may even try to get in a few hills later this week, we'll see.....

SP: great story, that's like finding a needle in a haystack.  Great folks!!!

qotd:  Mayo.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

DigDug2

6 today at lunch.

Sandy:  I ran in Richmond a couple times when I lived in London - great place to run.  If you get a chance to run in Hampstead Heath on one of your London trips, it's definitely worth it - fun trails, decent hills and great views.

QOTD:  mayo (light).  Although I may have to try veganaise after reading this thread.

Sandy-2

6 today at lunch.

Sandy:  I ran in Richmond a couple times when I lived in London - great place to run.  If you get a chance to run in Hampstead Heath on one of your London trips, it's definitely worth it - fun trails, decent hills and great views.

QOTD:  mayo (light).  Although I may have to try veganaise after reading this thread.

DD2, Yea it is nice running around here in Richmond.  Over the years I have done two Richmond Half Mary's and a Full Mary in Richmond Park.

I have also been up to Hampstead Heath.  I'll be spening this weekend in downtown London, you have inspired me, I'll do my Saturday or Sunday morning run up that way.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Morning trailers.  Just got back from radiology and looks like my bad cold has progressed to pneumonia.  I didn't get out of the house all weekend.  I was hoping to do a trail 1/2 yesterday, but wan't happening.  Last time it was this hard to breath, I was running up Pikes Peak..

QOTD: Mayo, but condiment of choice is spicy brown mustard.

AT, take it easy with the pneumonia. You might be very sensitive to contracting another cough/bronchitis/pneumonia for several months after it has healed up. When you start up running again (my suggestion, talking from painful experience: DON'T before it has healed up completely, and you get your doc's blessing!), go slow, it will take time to build up that breathing capacity again, but it will eventually return!

Run for fun.