Trailer Trash

Super Chilly Saturday (Read 36 times)

LB2

I'll get a couple of hours this morning if I can get myself off the computer and out the door. I was planning on 16 miles, but I won't be on the road and have already overselpt.

QOTD: What is the test/tests you use to determine your conditioning?

1. When I can push hard (definition varies for each of us) for four hours.

2. How quickly my heart rate drops back to normal after running a tempo run of an hour or slightly longer.

LB2

LB2

Well, that run stunk to high Heaven. I had to cut it short, so I'll have to get up earlier in the morning and get some dark time, too. So be it.

LB2

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

0.8 with Weston, then  7.3 trail miles with HATR in Mercer park on a sunny crisp morning, 33*F.  Smallish group, since people were running the Trenton Double Cross half marathon today.   With taper-fresh legs, I had a great time, led the pack for a large part of the run, jumping over trees and logs and squirrels like a gazelle. 11:28 pace overall, including chunks of time waiting for the stragglers to catch up.  Also tried out a fuel belt I might use for the 50 miler.  Seemed nice and comfortable even loaded with 1-1/2 liters of water.   Beautiful frosty grass, crunchy fresh leaves, sunrise over the lake, and a large herd or two of deer put the finishing touches on an excellent run that totally made up for all the sucky runs recently.

LB:  See above.  It'll get better.

Have a great day, Trashies!!!!

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Marley and I got 12 nice trail miles in this morning.  It was chilly but nice out.

QOTD: None really other than just how I feel when I run and how motivated I am to run.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will get in 14 miles this afternoon on a out and back on Helena Ridge; would have gone earlier but we're looking at a house at 11:00 AM- coincidentally (well not really coincidentally Big grin) it sits at the base of Mt Helena.  my DW and I have decided that whatever house we end up with, it will sit very close to the multitude of trails on the south end of town, we can a lot more bang for our buck north of town, but we've prioritized that being close to the trails is very high on our list

qotd: for running I keep times of all my routes and can compare times at a glance, clearly as my times decrease across these routes my fitness is increasing, conversely if the times are increasing (barring changes in the weather/trail conditions); for overall fitness the crossfit workout Murph does a good job of measuring fitness- starts w/ a mile run, then 300 bodyweight squats, 200 pushups, 100 pullups and finish w/ another mile run- all for total time- it is a brutal workout, but I like to do it every once and awhile to assess overall fitness

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got out early for 16ish miles.  Felt pretty good.  Saw more deer than I think I ever have.  Also saw a guy curled up in a sleeping bag sleeping on the trail.  Fairly certain he is not a hiker but rather a he is homeless - at least that was my assumption.  Oh by the way it was 30 degrees - no wonder he was curled in his sleeping bag.

QOTD: How I feel at the end of a LR or how quick I recover from the LR is usually a good test for me.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5K road race this morning, flat and fast. Ran 26:50 for 2nd in the 60 and over AG behind my arch rival who is 4 years younger. If we'd had 5 year AGs we would have been in different ones. Best time in over 3 years, but I'm also running more miles than I have in many years.

QOTD - other than actual races, my paces on track intervals are my primary tests with how easy my long runs are as substantiating data.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

Way to go WC. Nice race.

LB2

Sandy-2

Did 20 miles with a friend up in the State Park this morning, did the RR100 loop.  Nice and cool.  The first half-hour was in the dark and then we had a really nice red sunrise over the lake that made the just-turning leaves look really cool.  Just a nice quiet morning to be out there.  The run went really well too since we were just cruising along easy-like.

Later in our run we found out that there was an "adventure race" being held so we had to pull over for some MB riders, they were surprising low key.  After a while we found out why...  the race had two categories a 6 hour version and a 12 hour version.  My opinion of the whole thing went way up after hearing that of course.  (By the way I have done some adventure races, they're fun.)  Anyway, that's why they weren't going at break-neck speed.  One guy still managed to wipeout right ahead of us (nothing to do with us being there), we offered assistance etc., but he was ok.

LB2: just have to go out and get it tomorrow.

jbyram2: sounds like a nice run.

TT:  Nice, I think we were in the 50's the whole time.

mtwarden: good luck on the house hunting, enjoy the run later.

boyjame:  wildlife abounds I guess.  I saw a wild hog this morning, TX seems to be having an epidemic of those things lately.

wcrunner2: Nice.  But next time you'll just have to give that guy an elbow.  LOL.

qotd: B2B 20's don't lie. Check back tomorrow...

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

wcrunner2: Nice.  But next time you'll just have to give that guy an elbow.  LOL.

I'd have to stoop to do that. He's a head shorter than me and I'm not tall.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

sugnim

Howdy all.  I got in a nice 8 mile run this morning with about 1,800 ft in elevation gain & loss.  I wasn't prepared for the icy trails, so it was slow going for a few of those miles.  I guess it is time to start carrying some traction on my runs.  And gloves.  Brrrr!

QOTD:  Nothing really.  I just go out & run.  If it feels mostly good, I consider myself successful.  If I find myself feeling sick or in pain, I try to figure out how to make it better next time.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work. Not super busy, but busy enough that I just finished my lunch/breakfast around 4 pm. Missing a few calories won't hurt me I guess Big grin.

QOTD: I keep track of the times and mileages on all my runs. If my times generally suck and I feel bad at the end then I know my fitness is off. This winter I'm going to pay more attention to improving speed.

moonlightrunner

No run for me today or yesterday. The whole week has been a bust. I am having some stomach issues and will have a CT scan on Tuesday. Then.....my dd moved in last night with my 1 yo grandson and 1 month old grand daughter.  The 4 of us, a dog and two cats...alllll in a 1 be apt!  I see my training slipping away....but hopefully I will work it out.I am planning 7 at the state park in the morning.

qotd: I guess when I make an advancement on distance or pace and feel pretty good afterwards.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No run for me and Rocky today, we've got a 9 miler tomorrow morning though. It's going to feel good even with this sinus congestion going on.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)