Trailer Trash

Help: stop writing "have ran"! (Read 87 times)

runtraildc

You people are cracking me up.  Big grin

+1

Sandy-2

Yous guys are funny !!

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Really I have ten minutes to catch on what everyone is doing, post and you also want me to proof read...forget about it!!!   This forum is about running and trails, not proper grammar.  Mom use to proof read my letters to her and when I came home from college they were posted on the fridge with errors highlighted in red...I also told her to forget aboutit!!  ("forget about it" is Italian for something else).  Sad

PS.  I haven't run in 9 days.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

Really I have ten minutes to catch on what everyone is doing, post and you also want me to proof read...forget about it!!!   This forum is about running and trails, not proper grammar.  Mom use to proof read my letters to her and when I came home from college they were posted on the fridge with errors highlighted in red...I also told her to forget aboutit!!  ("forget about it" is Italian for something else).  Sad

PS.  I haven't run in 9 days.

You are hereby released from ALL proofreading of posts on this forum!!

Are you injured after running Too Cool?, or just on a break?

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sue you're funny, I like your Italian wording! Wink

When I come across wrong spelling or grammar, I never know if it's intentional to make fun of something, a word play, a typo,... or not knowing the correct wording. Like I said, I use it as a brain teaser to have fun.

When I was young, I really thought I never, ever misspelled anything - even in a foreign language - until I was confronted with it in black and white, my own words, written wrong. Ooops. Nowadays, I don't care about it so much any more, it's the content that counts, and sometimes, misspellings and errors actually are funnier than what the writer intended to write!

Everyone, be open minded, and just enjoy it!

Run for fun.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Thank you.  I was beginning to think I have been wrong all along about using run instead of ran.   "I run, therefore I am"

That should be: "I stink, therefore I ran"

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

That should be: "I stink, therefore I ran"

You've got a point there, at least content-wise. On the grammer, I'm not sure - to bring it back to where this thread started out, I think I figured it out: "I stank, therefore I have ran!" Right? Surprised

Run for fun.