Trailer Trash

Where to run in Spokane? (Read 16 times)

sugnim

I will be in Spokane next weekend, and I"m hoping to get a nice run in.  Does anyone know of any good places to go for a run?  Thanks.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Mt Spokane has some nice trails . Priest River has a really nice trail system , it's about 30 miles north of Spokane .

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

If you search for user Treehugger5, she lives there.  I don't think she's a part of this group.  You can tell her that I told you to PM her Smile

Running is dumb.

Uh oh... now what?

Trying to find the name of the place down on the river we go to run when we visit Spokane.

Mt. Spokane has good trails, just quite a ways out of town (distraction so I can make this all about me : I did the Daybreak Climb a Mountain Run once--goes from the clock tower downtown to the top of Mt. Spokane, 34.3 or 5 or 7, something like that).

I'll find the name of the park.  If you like pavement there is a really long bike path that follows to river for thirty or forty miles, sometimes has trails branching off, crossing, coming back.

Uh oh... now what?

Riverside State Park's Bowl and Pitcher campground address: 
            4427 N Aubrey L White Parkway
            Spokane, WA 99025

Riverside State Park headquarters: From I-90 take exit 280 (Maple St), travel north across the Spokane River. Take a left on Northwest Blvd. Stay on this road until Francis Ave. (Hwy 291), then take a left. When the road bends north, it becomes Nine Mile Road. Travel for six miles. After going through the town of Nine Mile Falls, take a left at the dam (Charles Road). The park headquarters is on the left across the dam. 

To the Bowl and Pitcher campground: From I-90, take exit 280 (Maple Street) and go north across the Spokane River. Then turn left at the second stop light onto Maxwell. Follow Maxwell, which becomes Pettit Drive, then Downriver Drive. Downriver Drive becomes N. Aubrey L. White Parkway at the park entrance. Continue on for two miles downriver to the Bowl & Pitcher day-use area and campground.

-------------above taken from Washington State Parks Web site

We have parked at Bowl and Pitcher several times, cross the river on the suspension bridge and meander off to the right, run next to the river, turn inland... natural canyon keeps you close (not more than a half mile) to the river... there are parking lots, bulletin boards every now and then.  If interested I can find an area map.

As before---Mt. Spokane would be the most scenic, twenty or so miles northerly.