Trailer Trash

The Saturdaily (Read 30 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Friday the 13th missed by a day.

**Ask me about streaking**

NorthernHarrier

Missed yesterday posting but I did get out for a nice trail run with intervals on my measured trail in the Arb. Went pretty well overall. Then I decided to skip heading north this weekend to relax around here and not do all that driving. So instead DW and I spent the afternoon driving around SW Wisconsin stopping at places like New Glarus brewery and a couple micro-brew pub type places. Beer is a good thing! Wink  Should mention I did go out for a light trail run and a short road bike this morning. Just when I think things are going great I had discomfort in the left hip and had to walk it in. Grrr.  Seems like I'll never be whole again. I will try again tomorrow, keep doing it until I get it right. The plan for the morning will be to run every bit of trail in Donald park. Won't know how long I guess until I look at the garmin, that's if it's not raining too hard.

Mandy--ever had Imperial Weizen from New Glarus?  Bought a cases while there for $55. Beer advocate says it's great, hope they are right. Life on the edge I guess.

QOTD--I too do the Snickers for a treat when out there long but the main treat I bring along are candy orange slices. Boy, I look forward to them as a reward.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Got in the last long run in Ringwood before MoMA: 17.8 miles.   I was following far behind the group I was with, and crawled under this big tree that had blown down, and some runner comes out of the blue and vaults over it, going up hill.  Turns out it was the one and only Jamezilla; we had a quick FE, then continued on our way. Good to see him there.

Jamez:  Hope you weren't hurt.  Most of the down hills seem to be paved with sharp rocks.  Of course, that's when I'm, paying attention.  The flat dirt with one lonely root is where I fall.. never fails.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Got in the last long run in Ringwood before MoMA: 17.8 miles.   I was following far behind the group I was with, and crawled under this big tree that had blown down, and some runner comes out of the blue and vaults over it, going up hill.  Turns out it was the one and only Jamezilla; we had a quick FE, then continued on our way. Good to see him there.

Jamez:  Hope you weren't hurt.  Most of the down hills seem to be paved with sharp rocks.  Of course, that's when I'm, paying attention.  The flat dirt with one lonely root is where I fall.. never fails.

Banged up my knees pretty good, hip, hand...I fell into some really soft soil, but my knees plowed through until they found some rocks.  The worst fall I've taken but overall not bad

**Ask me about streaking**

Brian Runner

20 miles with 4,000ft of vert in 3:45 this afternoon. Coolest day we've had here since spring. Even broke out the long sleeve t-shirt, but overall it felt great to not battle the heat and actually come home with water to spare.

QOTD: Just gels, coke and water for me most of the time.