Trailer Trash

Horseplay Fridaily (Read 43 times)

Irish Luck

SRD and boring house chores tonight.  We'll be hitting the hills of Mt. Misery and Mt. Joy (Valley Forge National Park) at 7am tomorrow before meeting friends for brunch. 

I hope everyone has an excellent weekend planned!

QOTD: No, even with a very Irish name and a love of my Irish heritage, I avoid anything related to St. Patrick's day b/c of the crazy amount of drunkards.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Snowdenrun

I think I'm hopping on the rest day band wagon too. I slept in a little today and then decided to take the dog out for a longer walk/hike and get some cleaning done before I head off to work. I think I'll throw my running clothes in my car just in case I feel like running after work.

RM- I'm sorry to hear about your dog. That's always a really hard thing to deal with.

QOTD: No race for me. I doubt there even is one in my town. Saturdays are a really busy long day for me. I'm currently in the middle of an EMT class which on Saturday's is 8 hours, then I head off to work.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Today is a "life just gets in the way" induced rest day.  It will more than likely spill over into the weekend too.  Oh well.  C'est la vie!

Good luck runinaround!

jon - didn't realize you have been out of work.  It hasn't been that way since you moved to MA has it? Good luck in your search.  I can remember back a few years when I became good at interviewing (or so I thought).

QOTD: nope

Have a great weekend!

I hate to admit it, but yes it has been since last July. First time in my adult life I've been out of work for this

long. Beyond depressing, my 21 years of sobriety feels like its in jeopardy. I haven't really mentioned here

b/c I'm embarrassed, I'm 45 and have been employed since I was 14. Thanks for the support, Jamie.

Good luck with the marathon, runinaround. Folks around here like to hear race reports, consider it a

'condition of membership'.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

rest day for me....heading out after work to grab a couple St. Paddy's day brews with some friends and co-workers.....really just an after work social gathering that happened to fall on St. Paddy's weekend.

QOTD:  no race for me this weekend.

NorthernHarrier

A little over an hour in the woods today. Steady rain, snowy and rutted ice trails--it was great. Difficult and tiring I have to say though.

Not sure what's on tap for the weekend at all but I will try for 15-16 on Sunday.

RM- Sucks about your pup, sorry for the loss.

Jonfer--I remember when you were laid off and then the move, I was wondering what was up. Hang in there dude. I'm pulling for you.

QOTD--Nope

I have to check but I think today the registration for the fall Superior trail races opens(Moose Mt. marathon, Sawtooth 100) Think I'll enter the marathon.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hi been awhile.  Really busy at work.  I feel like a Jamacian "I have two jobs, man."  As I finish up projects in the one job I can devote time to the new job.  I haven't run since my 50K for no other reason than not making it a priority.  I began writing an RR but accidently deleted it and then just said F it.  It's been a beautiful week too.  Oh and we just hired a girl who has Trail Running on her resume....so may have an afterwork training partner.  Smile

Plan 5 after work.

Jonfer:  Good louck on the job.  Hang in there...

Run Muppy:  Sorry about the pup...Cry

QOTD: Nothing will be visiting family in So Cal so will run my old stomping trail.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

I'll get LadyB out for 6-8 miles tonight. Not sure if we will hit the rail trail or some more fun trails. I could use some steady running and more miles, but am not inspired for a flat out/back today. Maybe I just need to suck it up.

QOTD: Never participated in a St. Patty's day race. Sounds like a day better used for drinking if you ask me.

Queen: Congrats on the 50k.. was it way too cool or way too not cool?

Muppy: Best cure for bringing peace to your dog/best friend is getting a new dog/best friend. Sucks I know.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Ultra Cowboy

I stalked you on Ultra signup....Nice time!  I'd love to read your RR if you could be persuaded to write it again and save it....

Hi been awhile.  Really busy at work.  I feel like a Jamacian "I have two jobs, man."  As I finish up projects in the one job I can devote time to the new job.  I haven't run since my 50K for no other reason than not making it a priority.  I began writing an RR but accidently deleted it and then just said F it.  It's been a beautiful week too.  Oh and we just hired a girl who has Trail Running on her resume....so may have an afterwork training partner.  Smile

Plan 5 after work.

Jonfer:  Good louck on the job.  Hang in there...

Run Muppy:  Sorry about the pup...Cry

QOTD: Nothing will be visiting family in So Cal so will run my old stomping trail.

WYBMADIITY

Save

jonferg67

Endless trails

A little over an hour in the woods today. Steady rain, snowy and rutted ice trails--it was great. Difficult and tiring I have to say though.

Not sure what's on tap for the weekend at all but I will try for 15-16 on Sunday.

RM- Sucks about your pup, sorry for the loss.

Jonfer--I remember when you were laid off and then the move, I was wondering what was up. Hang in there dude. I'm pulling for you.

QOTD--Nope

I have to check but I think today the registration for the fall Superior trail races opens(Moose Mt. marathon, Sawtooth 100) Think I'll enter the marathon.

I appreciate that!

I had a fun 6 miles this afternoon. I passed a mountain biker going up a big hill Big grin always fun! Then I ran into the guys designing and building a bunch of new trails. Soon I will have more long loops to run! And one of them is supposed to have better sight-lines so I won't need to be quite so paranoid about colliding with downhilling mountain bikers.

qotd: I'll be doing a beers, burgers and burpees workout with my crossfit buddies. 100 burpees, 2 beers and/or 2 burgers, 75 burpees, 2 beers and/or 2 burgers etc. Should be interesting.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

muppy

Thanks everybody!

Jonferg, hang in there,you worked hard for 21 years,      " Don't  quit 5 minutes before the miracle"!

Afternoon trailers!  The antibiotics & steroids I'm on clearly are working -- had a great 14 miles on the trails today!  Feels so good to finally be on the mend.

qotd: not a St. Patrick's Day race per se, but I'm running the Chuckanut 50K tomorrow.