Trailer Trash

Kelly tracking? (Read 75 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oh... how I hope he is holding together.  Kelly is on the verge of something

special with that start.  He is only 2/3rds into the first 24.  I will bite my

tongue and... leave this thing on and come by and hit Refresh every few

hours.

I hope he is feeling well.  Because if he is, he's really putting in some impressive miles.  I keep waiting for more facebook updates from him or Jo.  Will post if I hear anything...

Running is dumb.

Birdwell

FYI: He has a new 100 mile PR as of today. 17 hours +change.

Aravaipa Running tweeted it, but didn't give the exact time, other than 17 hours.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

If I am reading the ultracast right, he is only 27 miles ahead of the next  runner (that started on 12/30/13).  He is 4th place male but the other three ahead of him are either done (1st & 2nd) or almost done (3rd).  Wow!

He mentioned Jon Olson was going for the 48 hour record....anyone know what that is? (must go google it...)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

On On

If I am reading the ultracast right, he is only 27 miles ahead of the next  runner (that started on 12/30/13).  He is 4th place male but the other three ahead of him are either done (1st & 2nd) or almost done (3rd).  Wow!

He mentioned Jon Olson was going for the 48 hour record....anyone know what that is? (must go google it...)

Phil McCarthy ran 257.34 miles in 48 hours in May 2011 at 3 Days at the Fair in Augusta NJ.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Per Kelly on FB:

"Finished 130.18 miles in 23:13, shaving an hour off my 100 mile PR along the way. I'm going to eat and take a quick cat nap before starting the next 24 hours."

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

The Men's World age 40-44 48hr record is 230.82 miles (371,475 meters) and Kelly is ahead of pace right now..

There s a link on the tracking web site to records in progress. Says he needs to average 15 min miles to break record.

http://192.227.164.175:8080/

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Wow. Some performance. He really does like those loops. Get a quick nap and go get some more miles.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

The Men's World age 40-44 48hr record is 230.82 miles (371,475 meters) and Kelly is ahead of pace right now..

There s a link on the tracking web site to records in progress. Says he needs to average 15 min miles to break record.

You know he has these records in mind.  Forget just 200.....

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

On On

Phil McCarthy was 43 when he set the American Record so those numbers don't make sense.  Also, if you look even on that screen shot the American Record (Phil's) is more than the World Record.

Uh oh... now what?

Still rollin'...

4 3M Kelly Agnew 40 130.18 209.5 24:17:25 1167 Dec 30
                      FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Phil McCarthy was 43 when he set the American Record so those numbers don't make sense.  Also, if you look even on that screen shot the American Record (Phil's) is more than the World Record.

Could the different records have something to do with certification of the course? Just an idea. Impressive performance of Kelly!

Run for fun.

Uh oh... now what?

Once you get above the "standard distances" there is an almost palpable distaste for records.

There is some variation in acceptance of 24-hour (normally known about), 48-hour (some hesitancy to admit they exist), 72-hour (almost no one in officialdom looks at these), and the six-day (usually referred to as a 144-hour event).  The IUA uses IAAF records guidelines and there is some indication of mutual acknowledgement of existents.  In the US, the AUA and the USATF have all sorts of problems.  Some of it starts with the poorly managed AUS web site (probably a budget problem--maybe it is all on a volunteer basis), but extends to the idea that no one in the USATF seems to know anything at all about ultramarathons, nor do they show any interest.

The USATF rarely acknowledges ultramarathon events, even when there is a USATF team involved.

Sorry, miscellaneous grumblings and grousing about a sport I love--and a governing body that, hmmm,... sucks?

There are some great performances going on at ATY.

Happy day before the New Year to all.

Uh oh... now what?

Still flying...

3 3M Kelly 'the jet' Agnew 40 150.12 241.6 28:14:59 1167 Dec 30
                            Watoni

Holy ^%$##@$%!!!

I have just been living at work and putting on winter weight .... Go Kelly!!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

163.77 miles in 31:24:44

yee haw!

**Ask me about streaking**