Trailer Trash

Tequila Thursdaily (Read 44 times)

AT-runner

Tim

This evening I did get in another run after all, 20 minutes worth. At least I also snuck in 45 minutes of walking during lunch on this 66F sunny day.

Now I'm guzzling a Miller 64.  Did you know these things have less alcohol than 3.2% Utah beer?  That's correct, it's 2.3%. Party ANIMAL!

We have a rather large friend who drinks Miller 64, and we always tell him he maybe he should switch to the 55 cal beer.  You know, 12 beers x 9 calories x 3 days per week x 52 weeks = 16,848 calories per year / 3500 calories per pound = 4.8 pounds lost per year.  Oh my god, runtraildc is right, I am a math nerd.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Uh oh... now what?

From the dark and windy.  Empty park, here and there checking for downed trees.  We went CCW today, 2:38 or so when we got back to the car.  Bushes are terrible noisy with chirps and tweets and probably a c'mon wink or two. Spring is already here for those who can't read--perhaps they read better than we?

Welcome new people--... I'll not read anything with a close eye.

QOTD:  I need warm to have a beer.  Around here that is a couple of months away.  There was an outside-of-the-can frosty beer on the table at an aid station about 24 miles in.  When the nice woman asked if there was anything I needed, I pointed at it.  She smiled slowly and handed it to me, probably mostly curious--cold beer on a warm afternoon in the Siskiyous, good stuff, nice smile.

Holden McGruyen

Holden-- I remember reading your story but even still how can you drink that stuff? Don't mean to rub it in but I have a glass of Bell's Oberon in my hand. Smile

Oh, drinking like I do is not something one just jumps into.  One has to train for it.  First I started with my favorite Deschutes Black Butte Porter, then through a rigorous and disciplined program I tapered down to Dos Equis Amber and Heineken.  I had a minor setback with some PF (palate fasciitis) but eventually recovered and made it down to Coors Lite before I could tackle Bud 55 and Miller 64.  I'm highly advanced.

I'm Holden McGruyen. Would you like to join me?

Holden McGruyen

We have a rather large friend who drinks Miller 64, and we always tell him he maybe he should switch to the 55 cal beer.  You know, 12 beers x 9 calories x 3 days per week x 52 weeks = 16,848 calories per year / 3500 calories per pound = 4.8 pounds lost per year.  Oh my god, runtraildc is right, I am a math nerd.

55 is my daily driver.  I bust out the 64 on Friday nights, holidays, and special occasions. Kick out the jambs!

I'm Holden McGruyen. Would you like to join me?