Trailer Trash

Time is on my side Tuesdaily (Read 32 times)

Occasional Runner

6ish trail miles with the pup. I need to start bringing a headlamp with me in the mornings, again. It was light enough to run at 4:45 AM, but we're losing ground fast these days.

QOTD: I think it's balanced appropriately these days. It works best if running takes priority in my life and people are well aware of that.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on something around 13 miles in the evening. Kids first in the afternoon. It will be hot and humid, and I think I might just run on the bike path to avoid nasty deer flies.

DD1: Am I going to see you at ES100?

QOTD: Not so well. Right now, running takes up a lot of my time (especially now that I run almost exclusively on technical trails=slow pace), and with my and DH's irregular work schedules, it is difficult to find time to do long runs (3+ hours). I sacrifice sleep, and often I am just tired from that, or from running hard. But once ES100 is over, things will get better again. Actually, during the 2-week taper already. Usually, I keep a very good balance, just not in the two months before a long goal race, but I do that only once or twice a year, so my family has come to accept it.

Run for fun.

Watoni

Heading for a short lunch ride (nice 3.3 mile climb up to skyline) -- now complete!

Maybe a longer ride after work.

QOTD: Not really, but it has its moments

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Not as nice as Watoni's pictures, but this is the snake I jumped yesterday:

(it's behind the rock, head on the left; probably a garter snake)

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

DD1: Am I going to see you at ES100?

I was hoping that it would work out for me to be there at the start of the 100 miler but I'm not sure it will. It all depends on me getting off work on time Friday evening. If I can get home and get some sleep I'd like to try to get up there before you start. If not I probably won't arrive until around 6. Unfortunately I have to work the next day so I won't get to stick around to see the 100 mile finishers. I'm rather dissappointed about that.

Watoni

That's a great view!

Here is a picture at the top.  The only problem I have with the logging is we tend to lose some excellent trails.  But I know it's necessary, and they do a pretty good job of setting up for recovery.  As a plus, I never knew this view was here because the trees were too dense.  It's amazing how fast the brush is growing, and I plan on stopping by this area in the fall to take in some colors.

Dirtrnr

We don't need no stinkin

4 miles with the trail training group.

QotD:  great balance, wife is a runner also so that helps.