Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesdailies (Read 36 times)

Marley and I had a nice 4 mile run in the light rain. Trail conditions ranged from packed snow, to crusted snow that you could run on top of, to crusted snow that I dropped through to a few inches above the ankle. Since the first two were the majority of the run I used spikes rather than snowshoes.

We had a bit of trouble getting into and out of the parking spot at the trail head. I wish they would plow them.

Then on the way home we hit a stretch of black ice. There was a guy in the apex of the turn that had slid up into a snowbank. I would have hit him if he had not signaled me about the danger. Even at that it required some finesse driving to get through the turn, since conditions only allowed so much slowing down without sliding into him.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning!  Thunder and rain here, which is a really nice change.  Won't be running today, but the knee is feeling slightly better so I'm optimistic that more rest is all that it will need. I will head to the gym shortly for a strength workout.

qotd:  since we're on a roll lately, how about syrup?  Maple, "maple" or other?  (yes, I know this might be right up there with the 'mayo vs miracle whip' qotd)

Maple syrup and nothing else.  And we brought back 2 gallons of the stuff from NH (my sister has a connection) so we're set for a while.   I love it in my oatmeal, so it's not just for pancakes.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Looking to get in a few after work. It'll probably be raining. fun times.

TT: sounds like an entertaining drive!

QOTD: regular breakfast is nothing but the butter flavored generic store brand from Smiths (Kroger).

special breakfasts (birthdays, holidays, etc.) require the purchase of Smuckers Strawberry or Boysenberry flavored syrup.

The only time I buy real maple syrup is around thanksgiving for the turkey brine.

muppy

Had an interesting 5 miles on the road this morning, first a loose dog came out and tried to chase me on the icy roads and snipped at my shoe. And a few miles later the freezing rain that was not supposed to start for an hour and a half started, so cut run short.

QOTD I use whatever we have in the fridge. However we usually have some maple syrup as a few years ago my son got into taping the trees around the house for maple syrup , which means he takes all the credit and I do all the work dumping the buckets and boiling it down on the stove for hours at a time. I'm hoping this year he forgets about it!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm am going to run about 5 after work...see if my work/run buddy wants to come.  Yesterday's run I encountered the legs of a rabiit on the trail, just the back legs.  His fleash was still a bright red so it was a recent kill.  It wasn't messy and only had legs left laying there where they shold be next to each other.  LongBeard thinks it was a bobcat...I have no idea.

QOTD:  I rarely eat pancakes but just the grocery store brand.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

It's nice weather outside, and I might go for a run soon. Perhaps just up and down the mountain. QOTD: nothing beats real maple syrup, that's the only syrup we have in our household. I like it on pancakes and waffles and French toast. I got to know maple syrup only when I was 11 or 12 years old, it was not something anyone in Austria or Germany knew about at the time, and it was not available there. I instantly became addicted to the flavor, and it has stayed that way ever since. I eat huge amounts of real maple syrup whenever I can get some, drowning the pancakes in it. But, no butter with my pancakes, just the syrup.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Going to run home at lunch since DW and I are still sharing a car (while DS's car is in shop for engine repair).  Nice and warm now but had ice storm this morning.

QOTD:  Maple on pancakes (no butter) and I use it to sweeten oatmeal and just started using it in my tea.  On a side note, maple bacon donuts from Voodoo Donuts (Portland, OR) are the BEST!!!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I plan to do 5 after work today.  My abdomen still feels "strange" when I first start running, but it seems to be getting better with the lower milage I have been doing lately.  I'm still running so Friday's scan will hopefully find something.  If not, I'm sure they will just tell me to "suck it up".

QOTD: I agree with FTYC, nothing beats pure maple syrup.  We don't do pancakes, waffles or french toast often, but only the pure stuff will do.

tbd.

QOTD: Real maple syrup all the way.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon trailers!

Didn't run yesterday due to a pounding headache when I got home from work.  I'm 90% sure it's stress related, which I am 100% sure is due to dealing with the mo-rons at the VW dealership.  Plan is to knock out the laundry when I get home so that I have something to run in.

QOTD: I like real maple syrup on my waffles and french toast.  The stuff they have at the diner is fine too.

**Ask me about streaking**

Chnaiur

Doing intervals later today. I've found a form I enjoy: 1 minute full speed, 1 minute jog for 10-20 repetitions.

QOTD: I'm still too European for syrup, and eat it very rarely on pancakes in diners. I can't really differentiate between maple and "maple".

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice run in the mountains yesterday (6 miles), not so nice 5 mile run on the treadmill this evening

qotd: Mrs Butterworth (and butter) on hot cakes and french toast- if it's the fall and I've been bird hunting- grouse gravy on hot cakes w/ a side of eggs and chicken fried grouse pieces- that's the best

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √