Trailer Trash

Saturdailies (Read 32 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Evening Trailers!  Got an amazing 19 mile "run" in today, run in quotes as we covered several miles bouldering, fought through several miles of drifted in snow, but there was some running Big grin  Post some pics tomorrow

Sandy congrats- I think Smile

qotd: knock on wood- no, very fortunate thus far and they are adding trails every year- hope that continues

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Sandy: Congrats! That is awesome. However, I just got a reality check from my DD: when I was cheering as I was reading about you getting in, she asked what "Hardrock" was, and after I had explained it, she just looked at me a bit confused and asked: "Who would do that to themselves??". And I always thought I am a good role model   .

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable question.  I've been asking myself the same thing...

Thanks everyone...  I think.

tbd.

Chnaiur

Congrats and good luck Sandy!

I did my first long run since April today: 15 miles in San Francisco's beaches and bluffs. As predicted, my new job is heating up and I'm starting to need the alone-time again.

Yesterday, I ran a real route with my 5-year-old, and he did real well! We climbed Mt. Sutro (400-500ft vertical straight up), and bombed down on narrow trails. It really helps to be 45 lb on the way down, but I was totally impressed regardless. We both loved the experience!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

moonlightrunner

chnair: I also have trails I run where the trails have been reinforced for MTBs. The state puts down some sort of plastic stuff that is a bitch to run on. Recently in my local state park the rerouted some trails to split horses from bikes, which was really better for everyone. I would not mind MTBs so much if they didn't use every trail like a race track. Now that I mostly run horse trails my shoes smell worse, but I don't have to pull off the trail as much to let traffic by. There are way fewer horses than MTBs.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Chnaiur

chnair: I also have trails I run where the trails have been reinforced for MTBs. The state puts down some sort of plastic stuff that is a bitch to run on. Recently in my local state park the rerouted some trails to split horses from bikes, which was really better for everyone. I would not mind MTBs so much if they didn't use every trail like a race track. Now that I mostly run horse trails my shoes smell worse, but I don't have to pull off the trail as much to let traffic by. There are way fewer horses than MTBs.

Yeah I would also not take a kid to a heavy-traffic MTB area. If they go super fast it can get scary. Luckily most mountain bikers I've met in the Bay Area have been really considerate.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k