Trailer Trash

Wear your Shod Day Wednesdaily (Read 35 times)

Marley and I had a nice 8 mile trail run this morning on wet trails.

QOTD: I sing to myself sometimes, mostly while running or on bicycle tours, and I played the clarinet as a kid.  I might have some talent since it runs in the family, but I never developed it.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD: Uh....I am with lace...I can't even play the radio right.  No musical ability whatsoever.  I am, however, hoping that my kids take up something instrumental.  It has been shown to help the developing brain.  That and learning multiple languages.  They are not quite old enough for band in school.

Stone Cat is in MA right? I have heard of it.

Stone Mill in 2013 yay! (maybe)

Jon - any updates on the job front?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

There are a couple of thunderstorms rolling through the area right now. I think I'll wait for them to finish up and then go for a short run, either 4.5 or 6.3 depending on which loop I decide to do.

QOTD: I had taught myself to play some on the piano/organ. I was fairly decent with my right hand but had problems with the left. Just went out and sat down at the piano and had to relearn the keys. As far as singing goes, I was out running one day and since I was in the woods I decided it would be safe to sing. About a minute later I was getting beat up by a flock of crows. Even they couldn't tolerate how bad I was Clown.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I think I have it straight now; Stone Cat 50 is in MA, and Stone Mill 50 is in MD.  Both in November.

Still plugging along on the job front, just interviewed for a Harbormaster position in Plymouth, MA.

This shit is getting old! Thanks for asking. 

runtraildc

Morning!  Haven't run for a few days since Sunday's half, mostly because I've been busy with work and family/friend visits while still in MN.  fun race and went very well, hilly course, mostly uphill on a point to point.  not perhaps thebest course for a  first half for DS, but he did great.   No firm plans to run today, we'll see how it goes.

Northern Harrier, this is for you-- Sunday on Gunflint Lake.  The locals were guessing mid-May for ice out.  The Kekekabic trailhead was still covered in snow.  (edit --I can't get the photo to work from flickr-- any suggestions?)

gunflint

qotd:  no musical talents whatsoever.

QOTD: Uh....I am with lace...I can't even play the radio right.  No musical ability whatsoever.  I am, however, hoping that my kids take up something instrumental.  It has been shown to help the developing brain.  That and learning multiple languages.  They are not quite old enough for band in school.

Sounds like we should have a nice little crew at Stone Mill!  I already booked a hotel and started planning my training schedule, needless to say, I am excited for it.

muppy

Happy National Shod Day!

Had an easy 6 in the rain, was quite fun!

QOTD I played the tuba in 5th grade, and one day the music teacher called my mom and nicely suggested I try something besides band, guess I was really bad!

Sandy-2

Lots of fun today...  did 5 miles before work, did my abs/core class at lunch and then after work met my DW at the gym and did the stairstepper thing and 30 deg Dreadmill walk.  Yup a 3-fer today.  My DW also did a 2-fer today since she swam this morning !!!  Crazy.

qotd: I played French Horn from 3rd grade through high school.  Also taught myself a little guitar.  But I must say while I enjoyed it and am "somewhat" musical, it wasn't a priority and I did lots of other stuff.

By the way, speaking of the qotd, this is kinda cool from CNN.com today:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/health/autism-music-bullying-irpt/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Uh oh... now what?

A hour and a half or so of craning my neck, turning this way and that to watch the eagles

that were watching the newly mown fields.  I did laps going around the block.  One adult

let me get within about twenty feet of its perch.  They were watching for field mice and

other small things.  It is surprising how much they talk back and forth.  I froze as one

launched from atop a power pole, eight feet of wings fully spread, quiet more important

than speed, a few feet from the ground and the legs snap down with talons extended;

the last couple of feet are blind, but lunch is to go and it was gone to a tall tree to eat.

QOTD:  A very bad thing about running was my lungs getting stronger.  My singing improved

not at all, but I can sing louder now.  I have no aptitude for doing anything musical.