Trailer Trash

Terrific Tuesdaily (Read 42 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Drove to Truckee for work today which is a beautiful drive so looking forward to after work run with co worker Probably 7.

QOTD: I love it.    I love coming here to talk woods and running.   Read about races.   I love fb.   I live far from family and friends so get to stay touch with them...see pictures of what they r doing.  Also have group of runners from rwol that r fun to talk to.  lastly also a way to get runs together with local folks.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Chnaiur

Slept incredibly poorly and cancelled morning workout in favor of an extra hour's sleep. Judging by how I feel right now (lunchtime), that was a good decision. Trying to manipulate my afternoon meeting to create a gap, but it probably won't work out.

QOTD: I use FB, Linkedin, Reddit. FB is just plain boring - people either just complain or brag. I use it mainly as a news feed and to keep in touch with people from prior life phases. I like debating, and haven't really found the right outlet for that. Reddit is the closest, but it is really a hivemind that suppresses ideas that deviate from the consensus.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

It looks like the term social media is being used in a broader sense that I usually use it.  So I will add that I follow a ton of  forums on a number of topics.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I got in a nice run last night. I forgot to bring my headlight, so I could enjoy the starlight, it was marvellous.

Worked early today, so I'm hoping to get a run in still in the daylight today - kids allowing.

QOTD: I am not very present in social media. I just use the running message boards/forums, and a cooking forum. I am not very interested in digital hypes, or what other people say all day long. "Following" someone on twitter & co. is just boring for me. I rather listen to people in real life and engage in a two-way conversation instead.

I sometimes read blogs, e.g. my sister's blog to keep up with the life of my relatives in Austria, or running blogs (race reports), but that's it. I'm not very "social" in the virtual world.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Wed morning over here. Did a nice 5 miler to the Menji Shrine and back this morning. It's cooler here but almost as humid as home.

qotd: I have a Facebook page but hardly ever post anything there, but have thought about doing a little more. I mostly hang out here.

tbd.